Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22a Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22a Swap

Just got the motor in my car nicely wired up and bla bla bla after all the agrivating hassle with the axle matching and stuff and the moment comes to start it up... Friend yells and me not to. Crank pulley is touching, no in the driver side fender. Dont understand why. Does anybody have suggestions on what the problem could be? Any help here appreciated.

Motor mount?

Comment

more info....pics...you help us well help you

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
      "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
      "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Which pulley are you using? And more info how you installed it would help. You guys double check to see if everything around the mounts is bolted down?
        Last edited by NAiL05; 04-04-2006, 11:32 AM.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean when you asked how i installed it.?. As far as pulleys go, everything belongs to the prelude except for the AC compressor. I did go and get another passenger side tranny mount, this time off of an accord. And i have to wait for my buddy to get here for pic's, stupid dog ate my cable.

Comment

did you do a 5spd conversion, and what mounts and brackets are you using?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

yeah i did do a 5-speed conversion. i used the prelude tranny mount that came with the motor. for the rear mount i went to a junkyard got the manual rear mount for the accord and filled it.

Comment

I took out the through bolt on the passsenger side and the motor bounced back into its rightful place. Now I go to crank no fuel and no fire best i can tell. Another funny thing is that my alarm i had no longer sounds whrn i plug up the battery, along with no check engine light when tehe key is on. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comment

Everything plugged up? Grounds Secure?

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

check your batteries charge

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Batteries good, nice yellow top, very strong. But after doing the searching for grounds, especially the MAIN COMPUTER GROUND thats supposed to be at the thermo housing, I can't find it in the harness anywhere. Anyone with a pic of the thermo ground would be appreciated.

Comment

I'm sorry for asking a stupid question. I had to have my little'r friend find the wire since the harness was stretched a little bit. I'm too damn fat to fit in small places.

Comment

Originally posted by mcserocki
                          I'm sorry for asking a stupid question. I had to have my little'r friend find the wire since the harness was stretched a little bit. I'm too damn fat to fit in small places.
                          I know how that is man. Having fat hands blows ass cant get into tight areas...Thats when i get my lil bro

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by mcserocki
                            Just got the motor in my car nicely wired up and bla bla bla after all the agrivating hassle with the axle matching and stuff and the moment comes to start it up... Friend yells and me not to. Crank pulley is touching, no in the driver side fender. Dont understand why. Does anybody have suggestions on what the problem could be? Any help here appreciated.
                            You will need motor/tranny mounts out of a manual trans car.

Comment

got everything done finally. car drives so nice and the vtec roars about 5000. its just nice to have my baby back up and running. thanks for all the help dudes.

Comment

Working...
                              X