Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

stock vs aftermarket headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stock vs aftermarket headers

What's the big difference between the stock headers and aftermarket other than the clean look?

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199548

Flow. However there is also a difference between crappy brands and name brands to.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!

UNLIMITED...POWER!!!!!

(Throws Mace Windu off the ledge of the chancellor's chambers to his demise.)
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
        POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!

UNLIMITED...POWER!!!!!

(Throws Mace Windu off the ledge of the chancellor's chambers to his demise.)
        MRT
        37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
        30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
        27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
        Originally posted by Tippey764
        I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
        Originally posted by deevergote
        sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Are they a good bang for the buck? Is it worth to pay 500 bucks for them?

Comment

Originally posted by 91cbseven View Post
            What's the big difference between the stock headers and aftermarket other than the clean look?
            As long as you get all of your headers.

My CB7 only has one header.

Comment

To be honest depends. You have an H or F ?

You're going to confuse some noob.
              Originally posted by BurtonRiderT6 View Post
              As long as you get all of your headers.

My CB7 only has one header.
              Last edited by tutsuo; 02-12-2013, 11:09 AM.
              Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
              den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
              These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

Depends how much money you have to spear, If you got money burning a hole in your pocket spend $500. If you don't go with the headers they have on ebay, like most people do. [I think]

I don't think they're is much of difference from the stock to an aftermarket i do have an a6 though so its almost the same setup, besides the deeper sound. I have an ebay header on my coupe and its utter crap when it comes to quality but it gets the job done, I wish I had my DC Sports from my last coupe still. It'd look cooler, plus more JDM street cred.
                Last edited by AllProsNoCons; 02-12-2013, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tutsuo View Post
                  To be honest depends. You have an H or F ?

You're going to confuse some noob.
                  You're probably right.

91cbseven: Just go to your local JY (junkyard) and try to find an F22A4, pull that off and you'll have a nice upgrade to your current header (assuming you have an F22A1).

Comment

I have the f22a4 set up with stock headers

Sometimes I forget that 5 hp to a Engine that only had 130 to start with is good. That is almost a 4% horsepower gain!
                    Last edited by Jarrett; 02-12-2013, 02:05 PM.

Comment

5 hp to the crank maybe, by the time it gets to the wheels you're looking at maybe 1-2 hp. I wouldn't waste money on an aftermarket HEADER if you have the A4, unless you want something shiny for a few months.

Comment

Wow 1-2 whp is not worth 500 buck guess that solves my problem. thanks!

Any gains from header wrap?
                        Last edited by Jarrett; 02-12-2013, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cbseven
                          Any gains from header wrap?
                          Most likely no, unless you're for some reason running a really lean mix. The wrap will just make the header temperature raise since it's not getting "cold" air from the outside (not really cold cold air but you get the point, lower than the exhaust gases).
                          MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197342

Comment

Wow 1-2 whp is not worth 500 buck guess that solves my problem. thanks!
                            If you're talking about Bisimotos header, it gives you 15 whp.
                            But I think that's $900, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.
                            MRT
                            37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                            30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                            27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                            Originally posted by Tippey764
                            I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                            sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by AllProsNoCons View Post
                              I wish I had my DC Sports from my last coupe still. It'd look cooler, plus more JDM street cred.
                              What? hows DC jdm in anyway shape or form? You do realize the dc is the same design as most of the generic's right? so looks are the same besides the coating.

02 Crv
                              02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                              92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                              Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Working...
                              X