Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

pass. axle removal help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pass. axle removal help

so I am replacing both my cv axles cause they are bad, and my whole front suspension but thats beside the point. I am also replacing the output shaft seals for preventative maintenance and one day when I got home from work my brother had installed the passenger side without putting in the seal. im kind of anal about this stuff and really want it replaced but now i cant get the axle back out. I have pry'd it like a mother with my biggest pry bar but it barely even budges..am i missing something? ive watched every vid and they all pop right out(for the most part) i have searched and junking the car/ beating the hell out of a brand new axle is out of the question. any help would be great. kind of want this done today. thanks a lot!

Originally posted by biggmatt207 View Post
    so I am replacing both my cv axles cause they are bad, and my whole front suspension but thats beside the point. I am also replacing the output shaft seals for preventative maintenance and one day when I got home from work my brother had installed the passenger side without putting in the seal. im kind of anal about this stuff and really want it replaced but now i cant get the axle back out. I have pry'd it like a mother with my biggest pry bar but it barely even budges..am i missing something? ive watched every vid and they all pop right out(for the most part) i have searched and junking the car/ beating the hell out of a brand new axle is out of the question. any help would be great. kind of want this done today. thanks a lot!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H211CmfFg6Q

Pretty solid video.

Axle really just pulls out. Sometimes its a pain in the ass when a seal goes bad, but it just pulls out. Prying can make it harder if you are just using a generic pry bar. If you are using some off brand pry bar, try pulling on the axle the opposite way to keep the splines straight as they come out. If you pry from one side, its just pushing the splines into the other and it makes shit harder. Honestly though, it should just pull out.
    Originally posted by wed3k
    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

yeah, i have seen that vid and thats exactly how I am doing it. I am also using a snap-on pry bar. I will try grabbing it and pulling it toward the pry bar as I am prying it though, good idea. thanks.

Comment

Thats what I do. I pull the axle as I'm prying at the same time.

Usally takes a few minutes
        NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
        DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

That video doesn't load on my iPad but you might want to turn the axle a little with one hand and have the other on the part by transmission pulling in and out. Worked for me because there is that c-clip and turning it seems to free it up. Good luck.

Comment

went out and tried it with no success. here are some pics for reference on how i am going about this...

I am pulling the generic orange pry bar left to put pressure on the cv axle while pushing and pulling the snap-on to try to pry it out. this sucker is stuck in there good and I don't know why. time for work now but i will go back at it tomorrow. hope the pics help and i am not being confusing. thanks
            Last edited by Jarrett; 08-14-2012, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by biggmatt207 View Post
              went out and tried it with no success. here are some pics for reference on how i am going about this...
              I am pulling the generic orange pry bar left to put pressure on the cv axle while pushing and pulling the snap-on to try to pry it out. this sucker is stuck in there good and I don't know why. time for work now but i will go back at it tomorrow. hope the pics help and i am not being confusing. thanks
              Cant really make it out in your pic, but just for reference use the curve on the pry bar towards the tranny-not the axle. When you use the curve toward the axle, it applies outward pressure on the splines and then you are fighting yourself. I personally get in there with a pry bar and it either slides it out, just like in the video, or gets stuck. If it gets stuck, it'll take some jiggle action on the axle and continued prying. It'll come out.
              Last edited by toycar; 08-14-2012, 12:20 PM.
              Originally posted by wed3k
              im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

thanks i will try that tomorrow, i cant remember which way i had the pry bar but i will make sure its toward the tranny.

but i just got a phone call saying my new snap-on box will be here thursday morning...ooooo im excited! haha %50 school discount FTW!

Comment

when I did mine i had no problem, I accomplished this by rotating the axle at the same time pushing and pulling and "springing" on the pry bar. After about three rotations I felt the C-clip fall in place and it popped right out. Installing it, I put new synthetic grease all around the notch and C-clip on the new one to hold it in place, line it up push it in and pop it in place. A little tug to see if it snapped in... try to support the outer axle end or at least not let it tilt all over the place. keep the axle nut on till youre done so you dont hurt the splines and threads if you accidentally bump it

Comment

so a little update, i got the axle out. i guess i just had to get away from it for a while cause when i went at it today it was out within 5 minutes...went to replace the output shaft seal and the one i got from work is wrong(same problem as reklips).

to get the axle out i just combined everything that you guys have been saying, turning it, wiggling it, and using the second pry bar and she came out fairly easily. thanks for all the help guys.

Comment

Glad you got it man, I also had troubles just a couple months ago. More info in here--->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=139373

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
                      BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
                      Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
                      CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

yeah i saw that, patience is what worked for me too haha, i was working on it for a solid hour one day, next day after work I work on it and I get it within five minutes haha. glad you got urs and it didnt look like the op's. glad mine didnt either haha

Comment

Working...
                        X