Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Digital climate control unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital climate control unit

What do you think of this part of cb7 ?
    Does anyone has tried it ?

Is that out of cb7?

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
    BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
    Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
    CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Yea it's out of a cb in japan, and yes some have tried it and completed it, you need the harness and sensors for it

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
      1992 Accord EX Coupe
      My FS Thread
      Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

And don't expect any help from the two people who have installed it and hooked it up. They aren't even active on the site anymore and when they were they weren't terribly helpful. If you want to install something like that you'll need parts that are VERY difficult to come by and you'll need to know how to read a wiring diagram in Japanese. Good luck.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
          And don't expect any help from the two people who have installed it and hooked it up. They aren't even active on the site anymore and when they were they weren't terribly helpful. If you want to install something like that you'll need parts that are VERY difficult to come by and you'll need to know how to read a wiring diagram in Japanese. Good luck.
          You think it's better to keep the manual clim ?

Comment

For the sake of simplicity, stick with the climate control we have. It works and its easy. For the pride of having completed the DCC swap (as with most all swaps), this will be a very unlit road, but very rewarding if you ever figure it out. But.. a lot of us have been searching vigorously and no such luck, even tippey has a hard time getting all the info needed for this.

If you're into a challenge and like hunting for stuff, then you can TRY dcc. You'll need very specific parts that are decently uncommon, and in some areas, downright rare.
            blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Nice find and good luck with installing it

Comment

I am in the process of doing this. I will also post a DIY.

The one part i can't seem to find is the 20 pin connector. I found it new, but have to order 200+.

The JDM wiring manual, as well as the repair manual are already on their way. I have all the parts and where to get them. Like I said, I just need the 20 pin connector.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
                  I am in the process of doing this. I will also post a DIY.

The one part i can't seem to find is the 20 pin connector. I found it new, but have to order 200+.

The JDM wiring manual, as well as the repair manual are already on their way. I have all the parts and where to get them. Like I said, I just need the 20 pin connector.
                  Tell me when you post

Comment

I`m having same problem too, panel yes, but don`t have the connector and wiring diagram, yet.

Though japanese do have autoclimatecontrol, i noticed that in malaysia they have it also in many CB`s. I`ve just came up with it. It may help or not to ask from there. Or even better, order full harness and sensors etc. from there.

Comment

Did this ever get finished?

Comment

The wiring is a nightmare, and I'm quite sure the entire vent system has to be replaced, as the automatic unit uses motorized vents.

There are a few people on here that have studied it in depth, but haven't done it.

It's a really cool thing, but I think if you have to ask "can this be done", it's probably more difficult than you're prepared to handle.

Comment

I'm curious to see how this looks once installed. I'd love to do this myself, as with the older 80s Hondas I drove, the levers ended up getting stuck and wouldn't work anymore. I remember the Civic I drove needed a hammer to move the lever from cold to hot :P

Good luck with the install!

Comment

Lucifer1 did it.
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194490

Comment

Originally posted by dejan225 View Post
                              Serious post, I don't think I would ever have the patience for this. I can't wait to see what it looks like once it's all installed in the car.

Comment

Working...
                              X