Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

suspension for nyc streets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suspension for nyc streets

im ready to purchase some suspension, some people are telling me that lowering springs and struts are the way to go for nyc streets, but i also heard that only coilovers can be dropped low enough so you tuck the wheels under the fenders for that 0 offset look. which theory is true?

Well, those are 2 completely different things you are asking there so both could be true or both could be false. You are asking what suspension should be used on NY streets and also what suspension should be used to get your tires tucked? Or a little of both?

Comment

Can you give us an idea of the new york streets?
      I'm going to guess they're like the rest of the nations and say they're pretty bad.
      If that's the case, I'd stay stock, as I have done. Lowering your car on coilovers will just make it more likely to scrape.
      MRT
      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
      Originally posted by Tippey764
      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
      Originally posted by deevergote
      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
        Can you give us an idea of the new york streets?
        I'm going to guess they're like the rest of the nations and say they're pretty bad.
        If that's the case, I'd stay stock, as I have done. Lowering your car on coilovers will just make it more likely to scrape.
        Nyc streets are hell to drive on.. i have a 2 inch drop and everytime i go there i bust a strut. people drive like they have preganant women going into labor in the back seat and for someone who has a low car trying to duck and dodge the craters and holes they are gonna honk your ass right off the road.
        MY advice is to stay STOCK and invest in a h22 motor to keep up with those cabs.

Comment

Offset has nothing to do with your springs/shocks. It has to do with the wheels.

Comment

yes we suffer from a bit of road rage we are just always in a rush, i will rephrase my question, which suspension set up is best for bumpy, pot hole filled roads, i want to go coilovers but im a bit nervous about doin so for teins are about $700ish i dont want to have to replace 700 bucks worth of coilovers every 6 monthes, and stock just looks ugly, and i want to show these civic and teg dudes that cb7's still got it lol

Comment

Koni Yellow shocks... also known as Koni Sports. They have a lifetime warranty, and will handle ANY drop.

For pothole filled streets (I know them well... I spend 10 hours a day on North Jersey streets...) I would suggest a mild drop, with a low spring rate. H&R Sport or Neuspeed Sport springs would be a great choice. Tein S Tech would be another good one.

Don't bother with coilovers. If you blow one, you're replacing the whole unit. If you get a spring/shock setup, and you blow a shock... you're just replacing a shock. If you get Konis, and use the warranty, you'll be replacing them for free.

Comment

Bilstein HD's for shocks. IMO. They also have a lifetime warranty.
                Originally posted by deevergote
                These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

I had Neuspeed sports on OEM struts here in NYC....was great!

I did my best to avoid shit but every now and then i would bottom out but usually i was hauling ass.

Of course it would have been better if you did Neuspeed with aftermarket shocks but i was broke lol.

Comment

thanx guys, and deev you know exactly what im taliking about then i think i'll go with the Koni Sports cause of the warranty, i just hope 17 bbs with a 0 offset can be achieved with lowering springs.

Comment

http://tinyurl.com/7qvjh5f

Is this what your looking for?
                      cb7sk8rdude

Comment

Originally posted by cb7sk8rdude View Post
                        http://tinyurl.com/7qvjh5f

Is this what your looking for?
                        yes thanx

Comment

I keep forgetting that kit exists! It's a great one... very much like what I have on my car now, though slightly better (since the shocks are valved for the springs specifically.) Neuspeed has a similar setup with their race springs (slightly lower drop.)

And really, a 0 offset? That trend is just about dead, you know... your wheels are going to be poking straight out, looking dumb as hell.

Comment

new york streets are the worst to drive to drive on man smh nuthing but pot holes various elevations in the streets gotta be carefull eyes have to stay sharp and you have to be prepared to stop.. Queens not that bad, but bx & bk .

Comment

well as far as the 0 offset i thought that was the only way to get 17s to fit with out any rubbing, i could be wrong..

Comment

Working...
                              X