Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Weird Suspension Bars??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird Suspension Bars??

So im rather new to the whole car scene so bare with my stupidity here
    Im looking to drop my CB 2 to 2.5 inches and while lookin over the rear tires I came across these weird bars I had never seen on any other car.

I was wondering if im going to have to replace these with some after market ones for the drop or can I just totally remove them?? Please do go into detail on them, im clueless as of to what the purpose of these things(whatever theyre called) is. Thanks you guys

If you remove them, you will crash. They will move out of the way when you lower the car.

Comment

Hahaha man am I glad I asked. Thanks!!! BTW just thought id let you know I love this site. Very helpful. Haha not to mention addicting, im on here even when I have no buisness. Just tryna soak up as much info as I can. Keep up the good work fellas

Comment

that is your upper control arm and balljoint. they will move up when you lower your car, keep in mind that when you lower make sure your balljoints are in a1 condition if not brand new. good luck

#3MR 91 coupe: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=186456
        #2MR 90 sedan: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...51#post2867651
        #1MR 93 coupe: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176343

Comment

Haha well i doubt they will be after almost 20 years of use. If not where can i find them to replace them or..?

Comment

heres a nice diagram of the rear suspension.

the lower half of that curved "arm" is part of the rear wheel assembly and moves up and down with the wheel. it moves up and down, held in place by the "upper arm" (or "upper control arm") and the pair of "lower arms" (or "rear trailing arms").

they sell new Rear Upper Control Arms, that includes the bar plus the balljoint at the end of it. you can get a replacement OEM-style one, or there are adjustable aftermarket ones (help provide extra alignment for lowered cars) that arent too expensive. either way, you should get your car aligned once you take apart this stuff... so if you have any other plans for your suspension (new tie rods and balljoints in the front?), you may as well do it all at the same time and get an alignment at the end.
            Last edited by cp[mike]; 09-11-2011, 10:20 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

That piece of part of knuckle which the wheel is attached to

If you " removed " it you couldn't even put a wheel on the car

Everyone notices that and thinks the same thing the first time. Take the wheel off and take a look then it'll all be clear to you

Comment

Originally posted by Junior Smurff View Post
                Haha well i doubt they will be after almost 20 years of use. If not where can i find them to replace them or..?
                If you're wanting to replace them and you're lowering it, look for ingalls or spc rear camber kits. They both have versions that replace that UCA.

Comment

Haha like i said, im new to all this. But thanks fer being patient guys. Alright so i was told a good option to lower on sort of a budget would be going with Megan Coilover sleeves. So if i was to take this route what else would i need?? The coilover sleeves AND struts right..? I mean bc theyre sleeves, not full coilovers???

Comment

Haha like i said, im new to all this. But thanks fer being patient guys. Alright so i was told a good option to lower on sort of a budget would be going with Megan Coilover sleeves. So if i was to take this route what else would i need?? The coilover sleeves AND struts right..? I mean bc theyre sleeves, not full coilovers???
                    Sruts are a good idea...... the koni srt-t are a good budget friendly option. If you're going to go 2+ inches I would recommend camber kits as well. You can do without with a spot on alignment, but the camber kits are agood idea. SPC or Ingalls would be the 2 brands I would recommend.

Comment

Yeahh bc the spring rate on the Megans seems to be significant enough to strain the stock ones. What are chamber kits?? I also heard from some guy on here thats running D2 springs on stock Shocks and he says they feel good. Think that could be a decent alternate option??? Sorry fer all the questons. Haha

Comment

Yeahh bc the spring rate on the Megans seems to be significant enough to strain the stock ones. What are chamber kits?? I also heard from some guy on here thats running D2 springs on stock Shocks and he says they feel good. Think that could be a decent alternate option??? Sorry fer all the questons. Haha
                        Camber kits are replacement suspension components that help to achieve stock alignment specs. Typically lowered cars will have negative camber (a tilt of the top of the wheel inward toward the center of the car). This can cause uneven tire wear if your aligment isn't correct. Google them to get an idea of what's out there and prices.

Comment

get these =]
                          Camber adjustable if you ever plan to lower it

8 Accords so far:
                          '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                          '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                          (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

The reason im replacing them is so I can drop it
                            Mind me asking what brand those are?? It would be convinient to have adjustable ones!

Comment

Thx brah!!http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000SIANGK/..._W2yBob0BXEQKQ

8 Accords so far:
                              '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                              '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                              (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Working...
                              X