Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

brakes sticking please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brakes sticking please help

i have a 92 accord ex-r
    my front brakes are sticking and i was reading a thread about a month ago and i think they said it may be the master cylinder
    but also if im no mistaken when i bled my brakes i think it was the 2 front 1's that wouldnt spit fluid or air out
    would it be a master cylinder problem or would it be air in the lines that wont come out because the valve wont open properly?

Is there a abs light on?

Comment

Grease your slide pins
      Check the lines
      (Collapsed, air in them, etc)
      Check the caliper
      Master cylinder

First thing:
      Make sure you don't have to much brake fluid. If you do it'll cause your brakes to drag.
      MRT
      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
      Originally posted by Tippey764
      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
      Originally posted by deevergote
      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Or maybe you or someone put the pads in the wrong way

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyBird33 View Post
          Or maybe you or someone put the pads in the wrong way
          IIRC, one of the pads has a big metal piece on it. I don't see how you could get it in the wrong way....
          MRT
          37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
          30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
          27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
          Originally posted by Tippey764
          I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
          Originally posted by deevergote
          sneaky motherfucker

Comment

What is the car doing that makes you think the brakes are sticking

Comment

Originally posted by firststrike50 View Post
              What is the car doing that makes you think the brakes are sticking
              exactly

Comment

thanks for all the help hopefully i can get it fixed
                and i know theyre sticking cause when the front is in the air the tires are alittle heavier to move by hand and you can hear the brakes on the rotor
                and when youre not giving any gas it slows down more then normal

Comment

Originally posted by CB71st View Post
                  thanks for all the help hopefully i can get it fixed
                  and i know theyre sticking cause when the front is in the air the tires are alittle heavier to move by hand and you can hear the brakes on the rotor
                  and when youre not giving any gas it slows down more then normal
                  Most likely:

Upper or lower caliper slide pins are sticking. Take them out, clean them off, regrease with high temp synthetic brake grease, and reinstall. Make sure the boot that protects them is in good shape, if not replace it.

Don't let anyone sell you a $400 brake job for this, it's like a 30 minute job. $60-$80 if you are paying someone to do it, unless they can show you fucked up rotors etc. just have them do the slide pins.

Comment

Working...
                  X