Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

idle very low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

idle very low

My car is idleing at 100 to 200 rpms. I can't find any vaccum leaks. Any one know why

That minimum line is actually 500 rpms.
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by Tdub90 View Post
      My car is idleing at 100 to 200 rpms.
      What makes you think that. ? How did you measure it?

Comment

I didn't measure I looked at my rpm quage and its idleing at the between the mark just after the zero and on the zero. I don't see how this is possible?.

Comment

She's gotta be stumbling pretty bad that low. On the rare occasions mine drops below 650, I can feel it trying to stall out. Have you given her a tune up? Changed the plugs, wires, cap, button? I'd start there.

Comment

There is also a thread (found in the "read here first" sticky at the top of this section) by HondaFan81 that tells you how to set your base idle.

Comment

I haven't done a full tune up. Just spark plugs and new air filter. The car was fine a few days ago. Then one day just drops the rpms.and it isn't. Chugging it feels fine. Give it some gas and it goes like normal. And deevergote ill go read that see what I can do. Oh an could it be the idle air control valve gone bad???.

Comment

I followed how to adjust the base idle thread and the base idle would not adjust. The car is still idleing very low. Can anyone please help me out

Comment

On the Throttle body there is a Idle screw that has a Flathead top on it. If that does not work then it might be timing or a Vacum Leak.....

Comment

Originally posted by G-Series View Post
                    On the Throttle body there is a Idle screw that has a Flathead top on it. If that does not work then it might be timing or a Vacum Leak.....
                    He shouldn't have to adjust anything. If his idle dropped that low there is a serious issue. I have the same problem now with my f22 prelude that started after I raced my friends rx7. I swapped out my iacv and it didn't help. Im gong to swap my fitv to see what happens. Also, it acts normal with engine cold and idle adjustments don't help.

Comment

Mine doesn't drop that low unless i give it gas and when i let go of the pedal it drops down till it almost turns off but i think it idles way to low because it shakes like its about to stall.

1992 Accord EX Coupe >http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...00#post3060200
                      Originally posted by keepinitclean
                      I give it 2 weeks before you sell it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernestox6 View Post
                        He shouldn't have to adjust anything. If his idle dropped that low there is a serious issue. I have the same problem now with my f22 prelude that started after I raced my friends rx7. I swapped out my iacv and it didn't help. Im gong to swap my fitv to see what happens. Also, it acts normal with engine cold and idle adjustments don't help.
                        Did you even read my post? There is only a bit that the Idle screw will compensate for and thats why I told him if it did not "HELP" there might be a vacum or timing issue... Also, you might want to pull the plugs and do a compression test and make sure that the problem is not internaly

Comment

Most vac leaks will cause higher idle problems, because it is receiving more air than whats being measured. That will also cause surging. (obviously this isn't your issue) And if your dead set on it for some odd reason, get some carb cleaner while the car is running and spray it around where you may think it's leaking, it's rev really high if so.
                          My first thought is that your idle screw is improperly set not allowing enough air to be combusted.
                          The IACV could have some to do with this, but every honda i had i deleted this and never had any type of idle issue. (that is not to say your engine could do the same)
                          Little things i would check first.

plugs, are they clean?
                          throttle cable is it properly adjusted?
                          idle screw is it allowing the correct amount of air to enter? this is important for driving and letting off the throttle as well as you don't want your car to fall on it's face everytime you let off the gas.
                          verify correct fuel pressure.
                          clean iacv and reinstall.
                          remove egr valve and see if it's stopped up.
                          Last edited by KeeleDesign; 05-30-2011, 11:29 AM.
                          "Self Renewed"

Comment

if that car is not sputtering like a tractor at them rpms the tach is messed up
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
                            i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

I've checked my plugs and replaced them they were clean. Sprayed carb cleaner on the vaccum lines. Nothing happened. Tryed reseting base idle nothing happened . No shuttering. When I give it gas it accelerates slow for about 2 seconds then drives normal. When idleing at 200 rpms no chug no shutter nothing. Me and my friend can not find any reason at all. Why the car is doing this. I even cleaned the iacv and ficv. And hoses still no change. I thing my timing screwed up. But the car was sitting still when the problem started.

Comment

Working...
                              X