Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

running lean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

running lean

Ok I have a 93 accord lx f22a1 and I did head gasket and t belt and fule pump and main realy and I put in a new air fuel sensor along with a a/f gauge and im running way lean and I don't like it if any one can help let me know I don't under stand why it is to the point I don't want to drive the car
    yes
    0.00%
    no
    100.00%

The poll is expired.

Those A/F gauges are nothing but a useless light show. They're pretty much worthless. It's more likely that the gauge is crap, or you hooked it up wrong.

By "a/f sensor" I assume you mean you got a new oxygen sensor? If it's not a Denso or NTK/NGK sensor, then it is likely to be malfunctioning. Many autoparts stores will give you a Bosch sensor, and they almost NEVER work for our cars. They, too, are a waste of money. If you installed anything but Denso or NTK/NGK (same company, they can come branded either way), then I STRONGLY suggest replacing it yet again with one of those. www.rockauto.com has a very good price on the Denso sensor.

Check your spark plugs. If the tips are chalky white with black specs, then you're running super lean. Otherwise, it's probably fine.

Why did you post a poll about turbo? It has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, and if you think your engine isn't running properly, a turbo should be the LAST thing on your mind!

I really have to disable polls for noobs...

Comment

Poll

We should have a poll on disabling polls for noobs.

Anyways, as deev said those gages are not so accurate, plus if you are running a gage off of a narrow band o2 sensor you won't get good readings anyway.

Is there any other reason other then the gage that you think the engine is running lean.

Also just because I am curious, what is "lean". As in what afr are you seeing.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Every crap narrowband gauge I've ever seen bounces around, and then it pegs full lean or full rich from time to time.

If the gauge is getting a reading from a crap sensor, like a Bosch, then it's definitely not reporting accurate information.

Comment

A/F gauge would only come in handy if your running a good turbo setup and your tuning is precise on the edge of performance. Or a heavy built N/A running a aggressive tune and e.t.c but you're not running either so don't see the reason to install the dam thing in the first place...

The unrelated turbo question made me laugh, yet you think your car is encountering a problem and you still manage to think ahead to install or start a turbo setup? Like I tell every single newcomer, if you maintain and built a N/A motor it the future it would always be easy to boost it than just going directly to boosting the shit out of it and blowing it in 100 miles.

Take it slow, and smooth. Slow is smooth and smooth is fast be patient my friend.

Ninja edit: your POLL makes no sense at all, I don't get it thats not a yes or no question bro

Originally posted by deevergote
          .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

i think this depend also of the brand of the air fuel gauge... with denso sensor and reputable brand for the gauge... i think you can be ok... not only get a light show.. but this still narrowband.. wideband is definitely more accurate..

Comment

Funnier yet, the poll is asking which is the better option... when both options are cheap, ghetto solutions. I guess the poll does have a function... it shows us how serious this guy is about his car. Sounds to me like very little research has been done, he wants to spend as little money as possible, and he's distracted by gimmicks. I am eagerly awaiting the "I blew my motor" thread.

The narrowband o2 sensor really just sends an on/off signal. There's not enough info for a gauge to properly display any useful information. If it pegs to one extreme or the other, it's due to one of two things: a faulty connection, or a problem with the motor that is so serious that it's probably already majorly damaged by the time the gauge does its thing.

A wideband o2 sensor and an appropriate gauge are the only real way to go... and as said above, if you don't have an engine that needs that feedback, it's not all that useful.

Comment

The poll options don't make any sense.....
                If we vote yes, does that mean ebay?
                MRT
                37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                Originally posted by Tippey764
                I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                Originally posted by deevergote
                sneaky motherfucker

Comment

I think the poll options are putting both of those shitty turbo options on the same level, and we are to tell him if he should budget-boost his seemingly ailing F22A.

Comment

Working...
                  X