Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Improving Gas Mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Improving Gas Mileage

As everyone who owns an accord knows, mileage is the shits. Has anyone achieved a near 30mpg in the city with one of these. If so what modifications do you have? Did you tune it?

I think that with quality intake, header, and exhaust(including removed cat) + a chipped and tuned ecu with EGR and EVAP turned off it should be possible.

What do you think?

30 city would be almost impossible.
    COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
      30 city would be almost impossible.
      ^^^^^ impposible for our accord...but pretty easy to maintain for those 1.5, 1.6 vehicles...lmao
      VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
      1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
      MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

So that's it eh? No chance? What's the most you guys have got in the city?

Comment

i do mostly highway and get 33 mpg easy.
          COUPE K24

Comment

pump full tank and try driving like a grandma... go really soft on the gas pedal.
            Checkout my MR: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165984

Comment

Originally posted by HATCHing View Post
              pump full tank and try driving like a grandma... go really soft on the gas pedal.
              Got 22mpg in the city with my exr automatic driving this way which is right on par with the factory claimed mileage

Comment

**4,500th pOst**

I never have a full tank of gas to know how much mpg's I have, I forgot the calculation for it anyways, I was told is to be a full tank..

I have a bad 02. So I no my mpg's r low I can even smell the gas, once that's fixed, I would like to change the fuel filter.

I drive like a granny since I have a 4door now.
                **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

with the up to date tune ups and a replaced fuel filter. i dont see much better than 25 but even that is pushing it. u will also need to clean out ur egr system and maybe seafoam the bitch.
                  <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by Sabes View Post
                    As everyone who owns an accord knows, mileage is the shits. Has anyone achieved a near 30mpg in the city with one of these. If so what modifications do you have? Did you tune it?

I think that with quality intake, header, and exhaust(including removed cat) + a chipped and tuned ecu with EGR and EVAP turned off it should be possible.

What do you think?
                    Turning the EGR and EVAP off won't increase your mileage... they'll actually decrease it a bit. So don't do that.

I'm thinking a turbo cam might help you. Less overlap -> less unburned fuel getting sent out the exhaust. You'll lose some power though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarthos View Post
                      Turning the EGR and EVAP off won't increase your mileage... they'll actually decrease it a bit. So don't do that.

I'm thinking a turbo cam might help you. Less overlap -> less unburned fuel getting sent out the exhaust. You'll lose some power though.
                      a custom cam, and a good tune, and you should be able to hit 26-27mpg
                      unfortunately egr and evap gets eliminted once you use a p06, p28, etc
                      civic or teggys dont use egr

another way, would be using a apex or fuel controler and tuning with that, and still keep your egr, dont know how your o2 will react to such a lean mix

also, automatic and these goals are a no-no, your best bet is a LX-DX tranny with 22" rims
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
                        i do mostly highway and get 33 mpg easy.
                        i do mostly highway as well but dont try to get the best milage and i usually get around 24-25mpg

Comment

right now i filled up 11 gallons and i drive like a grandma going 55 to 60 mph. I have a full tank of gas and i drove 107 miles so far.
                          I drive about sixty miles a day, about 4 gallons.

And i still have a fill tank. You should be getting aleast 150 miles by your half point

Comment

I forgot about wheel size.

I know the automatic wagon tranny is geared differently for better mileage... Maybe the manual is the same? Custom gearing + huge tires would help though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarthos View Post
                              I forgot about wheel size.

I know the automatic wagon tranny is geared differently for better mileage... Maybe the manual is the same? Custom gearing + huge tires would help though.
                              It doesn't work that way....
                              Trust me, if it did, I'd be rolling around with 26s and a 80 profile.
                              80 = 185/26/80

Below is a thread where I discussed the same thing:
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=169997
                              Last edited by GeoffM; 04-22-2011, 11:39 PM.
                              MRT
                              37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                              30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                              27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                              Originally posted by Tippey764
                              I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Working...
                              X