Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1992 to 1993 air conditioning differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1992 to 1993 air conditioning differences

The 1993 accords have this extra aluminum cylinder on the front of the engine bay

does anyone know what it is for?

the part number for the 93 is 80321-SM1-Z01

where as the part number for the 92 is

80321-SM1-A21

Im doing a/c work on my car and just noticed this

here is the same piece of my 92 model

might it have something to do with R-12 and R-134a refrigerants
    ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Originally posted by quaidum View Post
      might it have something to do with R-12 and R-134a refrigerants
      the 1993 model is still r12

Comment

well i guess that rules it out

i have no clue i wasn't even aware they were factory parts
        my car was retrofitted before i bought it and it had it so i assumed it was done by the shop
        ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Originally posted by quaidum View Post
          well i guess that rules it out

i have no clue i wasn't even aware they were factory parts
          my car was retrofitted before i bought it and it had it so i assumed it was done by the shop
          when a retrofit is done all they really should do is replace all the rubber seals on everything and replace the dryer then put some pag oil in the system and put r134A in it, they also put a different valve on the a/c line in the picture. Im going to just remove that because it adds an extra point for the system to leak at and im the last owner this car will ever see

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
            when a retrofit is done all they really should do is replace all the rubber seals on everything and replace the dryer then put some pag oil in the system and put r134A in it, they also put a different valve on the a/c line in the picture. Im going to just remove that because it adds an extra point for the system to leak at and im the last owner this car will ever see
            same here

anyways, i've always wondered what this "canister" was really, at the same time didnt really pay much attention to it, either way it still take the same amount of r134 no matter if it does or not
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Hehe its partially a muffler but mainly a filter just incase.
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Blinker fluid reservoir
                MRT
                37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                Originally posted by Tippey764
                I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                sneaky motherfucker

Comment

What's weird is i have a 92 without it Hehe. IM. 000006 seconds faster than you on the 1/4 mile lol
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
                    What's weird is i have a 92 without it Hehe. IM. 000006 seconds faster than you on the 1/4 mile lol
                    Its only the 93's that have it, the 90-92 do not have it. i have a 92

Comment

I think it's
                      A: An extra dryer
                      B: An accumulator, think similar to a capacitor.
                      MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                        Its only the 93's that have it, the 90-92 do not have it. i have a 92
                        My 93' didn't have it, for the record.

Originally posted by GeoffMisiak View Post
                        I think it's
                        A: An extra dryer
                        B: An accumulator, think similar to a capacitor.
                        Neither, as Accordztech mentioned, it's an AC muffler. Look it up.
                        Originally posted by sweet91accord
                        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                          Neither, as Accordztech mentioned, it's an AC muffler. Look it up.
                          Oh, I thought he was making it up. That's why I brought up blinker fluid....
                          MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

It can't be a dryer because it can't be removed

dryers need to be replaced any time they are exposted to mositure because they will absorb it and become useless, when you install a dryer you pull the plug off right before you connect the line, it is all done very quickly to prevent mositure from entering the dryer

what noise is it muffling?

Comment

Its hallow. You can get rid of it,
                              Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
                              93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

Working...
                              X