Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

RPM Gauge going crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RPM Gauge going crazy

hey so i was taking apart my gauge cluster out of my take to put led bulbs in there and since i just put a different steering wheel on my SRS light was showing up so i took it apart and got the light out .... put it back together and now when i am drive my car my rpm gauge sits at like 5g and than when i am driving it goes all the way around.... so i took it back out and put the needle back where it belongs, started my car up and the it went right back where it was sitting at like maybe (10grand) if the gauge would go that high ....

u guys think maybe the needle got moved when i had it apart and wont work anymore and i gotta buy a new one?

idk i am lost ............

Are you sure it's your gauge, and not your ignitor?
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Perhaps... I'm not very sure what you're describing, but I have a pretty good picture of everything you did that has nothing to do with this problem...

If you messed with the needle or gauges, you probably threw something off. Chances are, you'll need a new cluster, as fixing a busted one can be a pain. I'm not really sure what your steering wheel or LED additions have to do with the RPM gauge not working properly... or why you messed with that in the first place.

Another reason that the RPM gauge could go crazy is a failing ignitor.

Comment

well for the fail ignitor is not the problem b/c it worked 1 min and the next it doesn't ..... but from what u said that if it gets messed with it wont work ... so i guess this week going to the junk yard and pulled a cluster ... meh its only 10 bucks ... but live and learn ty guys

Comment

I don't understand a word you just said, but it seems like you're pretty quick to dismiss the ignitor.

Comment

Working...
          X