Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Fuel Delivery problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Delivery problem

My 91 DX is having a little trouble at interstate speeds after a day of driving. It feels sluggish and putters a little. A couple times it backfired.
    I am going to try pulling the fuel pump next weekend, but what actually goes into doing that? Do I need special tools or lifts?
    And once I get it out, what do I look for that could be causing the problem?

Does not sound like a fuel pump issue to me, have you checked ignition timing?

life is good.

Comment

Is your check engine light on?

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
        Does not sound like a fuel pump issue to me, have you checked ignition timing?
        x2 on that and the CEL.

If it happens to be the fuel pump, then you must drop the tank.
        Cliffs:
        Empty it.
        Jack the car up.
        Jack the tank up
        Loosen the straps holding the tank and slowly let it down, disconnecting various fuel lines as you go.
        MRT
        37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
        30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
        27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
        Originally posted by Tippey764
        I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
        Originally posted by deevergote
        sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffMisiak View Post
          x2 on that and the CEL.

Cliffs:
          Empty it.
          Jack the car up.
          Jack the tank up
          Loosen the straps holding the tank and slowly let it down, disconnecting various fuel lines as you go.
          I think you mean " support the tank "

To take off the traps you're going to need to remove a peice of exhaust shielding which isn't fun at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
            I think you mean " support the tank "

To take off the traps you're going to need to remove a peice of exhaust shielding which isn't fun at all.
            well, I said cliffs for a reason
            I was just guessing in a logical order.
            MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

I had this problem a little while ago, 2 of my 4 injectors were clogged and at higher speeds couldnt get enough fuel in.

Comment

^Also very true. Assuming your injectors are unclogged and/or are operating at any given rpm properly the only other thing I've seen to do something similar to this is a HG/vac leak problem, but this doesn't sound quite the same symptoms.

life is good.

Comment

Could also be a clog in the fule pump aswell. Thats the first place i checked.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffMisiak View Post
                    x2 on that and the CEL.

Cliffs:
                    Empty it.
                    Jack the car up.
                    Jack the tank up
                    You did all of that ^^^ before trying anything else?

Originally posted by SPAC3MAN View Post
                    Could also be a clog in the fule pump aswell. Thats the first place i checked.
                    MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

How come no one in here has suggested a clogged fuel filter?

Comment

Wow guys thanks for all the input!! My CEL is on. I am going to check the codes sometime this week. I would like to avoid dropping the tank if I can so will for sure check the injectors and the filters. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find these and replacing them if they need to be replaced?
                        Many thanks!

Comment

since your CEL is on than i recomend reading the code this will tell you wich system is going on. there is a sticky on the procedure
                          Originally posted by Gummiegorilla
                          Damn CBs are like a Rubix Cube sometimes !!!!

Comment

Ya I saw the sticky. Gonna try that this week sometime. Crossing my fingers for something easier than having to take out the tank. Thanks for the help guys!

Comment

Working...
                            X