Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Question about my stock exhaust and header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about my stock exhaust and header

Ok so my CB7 has brand new exhaust only thing still old and stock is the exhaust manifold the down pipe is also new. I am buying a Dc sport header from my Friend who got 2 when her ordered 1. Im paying 30 bucks so its a deal. Now my question is will I be able to feel the diffrence with stock everything including cat and muffler. Also would I be able to in stall the header on my stock down pipe because the new down pipe has the flange after the flex pipe cut off so I dont want to use it?
    92 CB7 F22 5 speed.

^MY RIDE THREAD^

Unless the OEM header is leaking, stay stock. DC sports is an eBay brand. You won't see or feel any gains.
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Geoff, please stop posting nonsense... I put up with your whoring, but if you insist on spreading worthless bullshit, I won't hesitate to ban you. We don't need that here.

DC Sports is not an "ebay" brand. They have been around long before ebay was the place to buy your parts, and are very well known. They were actually owned by AEM until a few years ago.

That header won't give you crazy gains, but for $30, it's a good pickup. You'll see a few horsepower over the stock setup, but not very much. Still, for what it is, and what you paid for it, it's worth installing.

Comment

Thank you deevergote. Yea im getting it for 30 bucks with the down pipe only thing is the down pipe has no flange to go to the cat. So do you think the header will bolt to the stock down pipe?
        92 CB7 F22 5 speed.

^MY RIDE THREAD^

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffMisiak View Post
          Unless the OEM header is leaking, stay stock. DC sports is an eBay brand. You won't see or feel any gains.

Im new to the whole honda deal and even I know that DC sports is a well known name brand.

Not trying to dog you just saying.
          92 CB7 F22 5 speed.

^MY RIDE THREAD^

Comment

The easiest way to find out is to see if the two DPs look the same, are they both two into one pipe, or is the stock only one pipe? Chances are good that the DC header won't bolt up to the stock DP. You can take it (the new DP)to a muffler shop and have them weld a flange on it for you and it shouldn't cost much.

Comment

What trim level accord do you have?

If you have an EX or an SE you have a 4-2-1 exhaust manifold and you MIGHT be able to use the dc header on it

if you have an DX or LX you have a 4-1 exhaust manifold and you won't be able to bolt it up ( for obvious reasons lol )

Comment

wrong... this is like the third time i've seen you post a wrong answer.
                cb7 rebuild coming soon!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  Geoff, please stop posting nonsense... I put up with your whoring, but if you insist on spreading worthless bullshit, I won't hesitate to ban you. We don't need that here.

DC Sports is not an "ebay" brand. They have been around long before ebay was the place to buy your parts, and are very well known. They were actually owned by AEM until a few years ago.

That header won't give you crazy gains, but for $30, it's a good pickup. You'll see a few horsepower over the stock setup, but not very much. Still, for what it is, and what you paid for it, it's worth installing.
                  Not whoring, just wrong info.

Originally posted by cb7_07 View Post
                  wrong... this is like the third time i've seen you post a wrong answer.
                  Examples
                  MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Third time in a day... I made this comment in 2 other threads.

I'd rather whoring over bad info. At least whoring isn't going to cause someone to ruin their car. If you don't KNOW it to be true, don't say it with certainty. If you have to say something, at least mention that you have no firsthand experience, and therefore are not an expert.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      Third time in a day... I made this comment in 2 other threads.

I'd rather whoring over bad info. At least whoring isn't going to cause someone to ruin their car. If you don't KNOW it to be true, don't say it with certainty. If you have to say something, at least mention that you have no firsthand experience, and therefore are not an expert.
                      I could only find the one about ECUs
                      That wasn't wrong, it just wasn't all the way correct.
                      MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Examples
                        you said DC's header are an ebay brand. and that they wont give you any gains. wrong. they're have their own company and at most,3-5 hp.

in another thread, a guy asked about a replacement ECU for his 92 EX. you suggested a p12 or pt3 ecu.

the other one.. somewhere.

and sorry deev, i just had to get it off my chest.
                        cb7 rebuild coming soon!

Comment

Don't mess with Deev.
                          But back to the OP for $30 bucks it's a great deal.
                          Not sure about the power difference but it's a steal for that price.
                          Current:
                          2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
                          1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
                          1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Nub View Post
                            Don't mess with Deev.
                            But back to the OP for $30 bucks it's a great deal.
                            Not sure about the power difference but it's a steal for that price.
                            it wasnt against deev btw.
                            cb7 rebuild coming soon!

Comment

So I have to wait till tomorrow to get the header I couldnt get ahold of my boss to get my check
                              92 CB7 F22 5 speed.

^MY RIDE THREAD^

Comment

Working...
                              X