Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

bad gas mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bad gas mileage

ok, so im kind of wondering if someone is siphoning my gas, is there any way one could open my gas panel without showing any damage. is there a way to get it open quickly without damage?

i dont think they can..im pretty sure u would have some scratches around the door.. if u havent done a tune up on it yet do so.. if u have check ur brakes... i had sticky calipers that were killing my mpg's along with my pads..

Comment

Pull the release tab
      It won't show any damage.

As for specific ways, you're probably not going to get any answers. It's like making a thread on how to break into our cars.
      MRT
      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
      Originally posted by Tippey764
      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
      Originally posted by deevergote
      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

i just bought a weapon R ram air for it so hopefully that helps, im also pullin 2 codes for fuel supply and o2 sensor, an ill have to check those thanks
        an yea i know haha, but im just wondering if its possible so i can get that out of the question

Comment

Originally posted by s_wixom View Post
          i just bought a weapon R ram air for it so hopefully that helps, im also pullin 2 codes for fuel supply and o2 sensor, an ill have to check those thanks
          an yea i know haha, but im just wondering if its possible so i can get that out of the question
          You will see a drop in fuel efficiency because of that intake. Definitely fix those codes, as that's probably most of your problem.
          MRT
          37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
          30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
          27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
          Originally posted by Tippey764
          I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
          Originally posted by deevergote
          sneaky motherfucker

Comment

dam, oh well, as long as its not too much, an yea, ill be sure to get them fixed, thanks for the info

Comment

Those 2 codes are the cause of your poor fuel economy.
              Originally posted by Junior Smurff
              Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Both codes are very likely telling you that your o2 sensor is bad. The o2 sensor is what the ECU uses to determine how much fuel to send to the engine, so when that is bad, it just dumps a "safe" amont (which is always too much.) THAT is why your fuel economy sucks.
                Replace the o2 sensor with Denso or NTK. Those brands ONLY. Do not use a Bosch sensor, as you will be wasting your money. They don't work properly for our cars.

Kinda makes me chuckle... your CEL is on, and your first thought is that someone is siphoning your gas...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  Both codes are very likely telling you that your o2 sensor is bad. The o2 sensor is what the ECU uses to determine how much fuel to send to the engine, so when that is bad, it just dumps a "safe" amont (which is always too much.) THAT is why your fuel economy sucks.
                  Replace the o2 sensor with Denso or NTK. Those brands ONLY. Do not use a Bosch sensor, as you will be wasting your money. They don't work properly for our cars.

Kinda makes me chuckle... your CEL is on, and your first thought is that someone is siphoning your gas...
                  haha my first thought was somethin was wrong with the car, cause i had good mileage before, just forgot to calculate it, an when my gas goes from 3/4 to below 1/2 over night, thats why i thought that, but ill be sure to try the o2 sensor on payday, thanks a bunch

Comment

Hit rockauto.com for the u2 sensor. They sell Denso sensors for like 40 bucks.

Comment

haha I have the same problem. At first I though i was going too fast. But now I realized that its the o2 sensor because my (S) blinks all the time. Also whats better denso or NTK o2 sensors?
                      MY MRT
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178936

Comment

The S light indicates a transmission error code on 90-91 models. It is not an engine code. Therefore, not the o2 sensor. Pull the code to determine your problem.

NTK and Denso are about equal in terms of quality and function.

Comment

My o2 sensor is located at the bottom of the car near my catalyist. Also my gas goes on empty right away. I filled up 10 bucks and I'm near the e. I only drove to school this morning. Il will try to find a thread about getting s codes.
                          MY MRT
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178936

Comment

The thread marked "read this first" at the top of this section would be a good place to start.

And yes, all f22a4 and f22a6 engines have the o2 sensor located there.
                            Do you really have a Canadian-model CB7, or are you just being clever in your sig?

Comment

Working...
                            X