Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Turbo parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo parts?

What should i start changing in my f22a6 with 209,000 miles? Which parts specifically should i change so i dont have to go crazy with the money on basically repairing the whole engine?

a motor with that much miles is not gonna last long. that thing is gonna pop soon if boosted... unless your motor is super healthy... think on that first before you boost??? unless you can get a motor fast... but up to you though...

Comment

Think of turboing a high-mileage motor like this, you wouldn't bet your money on an 80 year old man to win an endurance race would you? Maybe you bought him some new shoes and some nice running shorts, but he is still an 80 year old man.

My 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Thread

Comment

very true...i agree with you guys.... but i do have enough money to replace camshafts cam gear forged pistons, etc... and swap the old for new

Comment

If you want it to last... replace the internals with forged parts. Even a healthy F22A will give out with stock internals in time with a turbo.

Comment

i say find and buy a spare f22 that runs good and set it aside and so if u blow the one in the car u got a back up it will be money well spent

Comment

Most of the smarter guys on here do this:

boost the old stock motor. Learn their way around, and work out the kinks of the system. Expect to blow it up.

In the meantime, pick up a spare motor, tear it down, and build it up properly.

Don't buy a single part until you know what your plan is, or you're going to waste a LOT of money!

Comment

The link in my sig should be helpful...
                MRT
                37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                Originally posted by Tippey764
                I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                Originally posted by deevergote
                sneaky motherfucker

Comment

thanks guys... good advice.... its sucks that im currently working on a different engine for my 1970 chevelle... those v8s are quite cost lol

Comment

Working...
                  X