Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

bleeding brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bleeding brakes

whats the correct order to bleeding brakes?ive heard seen 3 different orders of doing them i already bench bled the master cylinder.but someone said its another area to bleed around the mc also?thanks

As far as I know there's nothing else to bleed other than the mc and then all for calipers/drums. After bleeding the mc start with the back wheels and then do the front. Are you having a specific problem with your brakes or something?

Comment

front brakes were locking up after driving about 5 min,getting really hot.already bought new front brakes hoses and adjusted the mc rod.i bled them already but im pretty sure i did it in the wrong order.

Comment

Back left, Front Right
        Back Right, Front left

MRT
        37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
        30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
        27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
        Originally posted by Tippey764
        I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
        Originally posted by deevergote
        sneaky motherfucker

Comment

and of course with abs its not that easy eh?

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffMisiak View Post
            Back left, Front Right
            Back Right, Front left

I was taut to start at the wheel farthest from the master cylinder

Originally posted by DariuszZ View Post
            and of course with abs its not that easy eh?
            Dosen't make a difference at all. Now if you need to bleed the ABS pump itself that makes alot of difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
              I was taut to start at the wheel farthest from the master cylinder

Dosen't make a difference at all. Now if you need to bleed the ABS pump itself that makes alot of difference.
              The pattern I showed is the furthest away. We have split braking system, so Back left and front right work together.

Bleeding the ABS pump isn't difficult. I wrote a DIY on it.
              MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

yes you did. It sounds scary. Sooo.... can i bleed my brakes without bleeding an abs pump?

Comment

The pattern I showed is the furthest away. We have split braking system, so Back left and front right work together.

Bleeding the ABS pump isn't difficult. I wrote a DIY on it.
                  Hmm strange, i gusse you are right. I didn't think the setup of the brake system made a difference in the order you bleed it

And no offence... well...

You bleed your abs in a dangerous way. You opened up a high pressure brake fluid line without any sort of way of routing the fluid else where. Not to mention the mess you will make.

Originally posted by DariuszZ View Post
                  yes you did. It sounds scary. Sooo.... can i bleed my brakes without bleeding an abs pump?
                  Yup.

Comment

Hmm strange, i gusse you are right. I didn't think the setup of the brake system made a difference in the order you bleed it

And no offence... well...

You bleed your abs in a dangerous way. You opened up a high pressure brake fluid line without any sort of way of routing the fluid else where. Not to mention the mess you will make.

Yup.
                    I put a tube over it. It fits perfectly and routes it into a bucket. I got a siphon pump from Autozone and that's what I use.
                    MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

I put a tube over it. It fits perfectly and routes it into a bucket. I got a siphon pump from Autozone and that's what I use.
                      Oh, i didn't read past the first post really

Im just going to buy myself the bleed tool some day

Someone always ends up needing it and i'd be happy to let someone use it

Comment

Oh, i didn't read past the first post really

Im just going to buy myself the bleed tool some day

Someone always ends up needing it and i'd be happy to let someone use it
                        I'd feel much safer using that. Not because it's the official one, but because the bleeder bolt is square. I don't have any line wrenches....
                        MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Clarification....

I wanted to ask seeing as I haven’t read this point anywhere else on here.

I have a new master cylinder as the old one was getting soft and would go to the floor if I held it long enough. I replaced it and bled all the wheels but unfortunately that does nothing for the air now in the accumulator. I have had the ABS light on for about 6 months.

I finally got around to getting a 9mm socket on the ABS bleeder and used the jumper wire from the two main electrical connections after pulling the relay. I have kept the reservoir full to not get air into it. I purged it for a good 25-30 seconds and saw a crap load of air get pushed out until I was getting pure fluid out. I closed the bleeder and jumped it 1 more time for 3-4 seconds then just quickly backed off and closed the bleeder to make sure no more air was in there.

Now here is the thing....ABS light still coming on after 10- 15 ft...meaning it doesn’t think it has enough pressure. My question is...how long did you jumper that again with the bleeder closed to build enough pressure in that accumulator ? Do you just jump it until it stops er what ? Does it know when to stop ? If it does make 3000 psi… how long does it take that motor to build that ?

Just thought I’d see if you had these issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Taurians' Ryde View Post
                            Now here is the thing....ABS light still coming on after 10- 15 ft...meaning it doesn’t think it has enough pressure. My question is...how long did you jumper that again with the bleeder closed to build enough pressure in that accumulator ? Do you just jump it until it stops er what ? Does it know when to stop ? If it does make 3000 psi… how long does it take that motor to build that ?

Just thought I’d see if you had these issues.
                            Are you sure that is why your ABS light is on? Diagnose an ABS light like you would a CEL. Decipher the code and it'll tell you why it's on.
                            These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

start with the wheel furthest from the master cylinder and work your way closer.*I think it goes RR, LR, RF, then LF.

Comment

Working...
                              X