Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Please help with test pipe/cat and Bisi header leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a very interesting thread, and a shame to see such no-so-positive comments directed towards Bisimoto. My company has always designed and manufactured products that are excecptional in quality and power production, and the only company of its magnitude that has given any attention to the F22a platform.

One additional advantage is that we stand by our products as well. If there is any issue, we wil make sure that it is remedied.

In regard to leaks, if this is an issue, we have no problem rectifying it. There are cases where the 2 pieced were not installed correctly, and strange expectations of a press fit existed.

With thousands of satisfied customers worldwide, and evidence with many of your F22 and H22 "bretheren" on this forum with success, there are testaments of well performing units.

For those individuals, experienced any fault with this custom unit, call in for an RMA number, and we can have it retested in house. If there are any issues, they will be recitified asap.

Thanks, and have a great week.
    'Bisimoto D15/D16/F18/F22
    World's Fastest and Quickest TRUE unibody all motor FWD
    World's Fastest All Motor SOHC Honda
    1988 CRX Unibody, D16 full street: 12.68 @ 107mph
    1988 CRX Unibody, D15 full race: 10.77 @ 123mph
    1988 CRX Unibody, F22A full race: 9.81 @ 139mph
    2006 Insight Unibody, F22A: 9.26 @ 152mph
    NEW!:www.bisimoto.com: parts, dyno tuning, apparel, technology!
    Bisimoto's Facebook page
    478 HP naturally aspirated F22A!!!

Comment

For what it's worth to everyone, I contacted Elston Headers, a race performance shop in Matthews, NC who build alot of race application headers and other fabrication components mainly for american muscle cars.

I did not mention bisimoto, cb7tuner or anything but just asked about leaks in general. His response: "It is a slip on collector, so...I wouldn't worry about it."

Sounds like it's normal for slip collectors to leak somewhat. I did not know this but that is because I lack knowledge about header fabrication and that whole industry. I hope my header does not leak enough to let fumes into the cabin as I expect to DD my car, BUT, according to Elston Headers, a leaking collector is completely normal and does not necessarily point towards a quality problem from Bisimoto. If your welds BREAK that's a different story and I'm sure Bis would correct it.
      My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

for the price of that header, bisi should be coming to your house and installing it himself! i havent man'd up yet and bought one im sure they are great pieces though!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisimoto View Post
          This is a very interesting thread, and a shame to see such no-so-positive comments directed towards Bisimoto. My company has always designed and manufactured products that are excecptional in quality and power production, and the only company of its magnitude that has given any attention to the F22a platform.

One additional advantage is that we stand by our products as well. If there is any issue, we wil make sure that it is remedied.

In regard to leaks, if this is an issue, we have no problem rectifying it. There are cases where the 2 pieced were not installed correctly, and strange expectations of a press fit existed.

With thousands of satisfied customers worldwide, and evidence with many of your F22 and H22 "bretheren" on this forum with success, there are testaments of well performing units.

For those individuals, experienced any fault with this custom unit, call in for an RMA number, and we can have it retested in house. If there are any issues, they will be recitified asap.

Thanks, and have a great week.
          This is what more companies should be doing, and is exactly the reason I plan to go mostly Bisi when I build my motors.

OP, call em up again. Let us know of any developments
          MRT
          37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
          30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
          27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
          Originally posted by Tippey764
          I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
          Originally posted by deevergote
          sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Working...
          X