Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Just posted my worst MPG EVER!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    My Fit went from about 38mpg to about 36mpg... though I may drive it harder now than I did previously (new brakes and tires, I'm a bit more confident than I was!) Cold weather does always seem to lower MPG, though I don't really know the reasoning behind that.

My CB7, with the H22 and a street-tuned P28 (done by MRX), got about 28mpg on average. I'd hit VTEC at least once a day, as well.
    Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
    went from 33mpg down to 30.
    These are manual, I'm assuming?
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Yes, all 3 of my cars are manual (and my Cadillac will be as well.) Automatic sucks!

Comment

IMPO...cold air = more gas. The ECU has to compensate for the nice cold air with more fuel for the right combustion
        R.I.P Rex 10/10/97-08/06/09
        There aren’t enough words in this world to say how much you will be missed. love you buddy!

Comment

That's true. More usable oxygen (which is found in denser air, and cold air is denser than warm air) requires more fuel for a proper air:fuel ratio. You could probably tune an ECU to be more efficient in the cold, but with a stock tune, yeah... that makes sense.

Comment

Yes, all 3 of my cars are manual (and my Cadillac will be as well.) Automatic sucks!
            Cadillac =

There's a different gas mixture for the winter/summer
            MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

hypermilers install "warm air kits" in the winter time to help improve their gas mileage. it also helps the car warm up faster (which uses a lot of gas in doing so, even when driving)
              These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

My friend tried that hypermiling shit for a while... he was turning his car off at stop lights and everything.

I get 36mpg in the Fit... redlining 2nd and 3rd on the highway, heel-toe downshifting into most turns, and accelerating hard at stoplights (not launching, but not creeping along like grandpa either.) I could probably get 42 if I really babied it... but hey, I want to enjoy driving my car, dammit!

Comment

Good so it's not just me, It costs me almost $60 to fill my tank and I'm only getting about 450km to a tank right now. Make me feel a little better but still sucks

MRT - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172713

1993 Accord Ex

Comment

$60 dollars to fill up?? Wow where do you live. It only takes me $35-40 to fill up where i live

Comment

That's true. More usable oxygen (which is found in denser air, and cold air is denser than warm air) requires more fuel for a proper air:fuel ratio. You could probably tune an ECU to be more efficient in the cold, but with a stock tune, yeah... that makes sense.
                      Exactly. And might i add that denser (colder( air needs a more concentrated spark, and a greater, denser amount of fuel charge to ignite the denser air. Therefore, your car is sucking more gas to ignite this denser air, and your gas MPG's go down.
                      "I'm NOT drunk, I'm avoiding Potholes".

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174029
                      Check out the whip^

Comment

that makes sense that u need more gas for denser air. i just dont see damn y its gotta go from 24-26 to 19 lol

Comment

Originally posted by 92cb7h22a View Post
                          $60 dollars to fill up?? Wow where do you live. It only takes me $35-40 to fill up where i live
                          I live just outside Toronto, Canada and right now we are paying $114.5 per liter

MRT - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172713

1993 Accord Ex

Comment

My guess? Besides a smaller engine, the fit has 2 basemaps. One for cold, one for warm. I think a lot of newer cars are doing this, it would definitely explain my uncles sierra not seeing a drop in mileage.

Probably a sensor in the tank and ambient air temp to decide to run on the cold map.
                            MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

it doesn't matter how the weather is cold or warm, the mpg shouldn't have that big of a difference.

i think i am pushing about 250-270mpg right now which sucks. mostly is high way miles. but at least i know what is wrong with my car. i have an exhaust leak between the header and the down pipe and because i have a dx model and running dc header, i had to extend the wires for the o2 sensor and stil using the old dx o2 sensor.
                              are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Originally posted by alb_accord View Post
                                i think i am pushing about 250-270mpg right now which sucks
                                What? That can't be right

Picture courtesy of JezzWolf!

Comment

Working...
                                X