Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

OEM Block Heater?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OEM Block Heater?

Is there such a thing? I was reading somewhere that there is a OEM block heater standard for a EX/EX-R. I've never of this on any Accord and I'm pretty it's not true, but this would be perfect for Canadian winters!
    Current:
    2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
    1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
    1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

talk to tippey764 he knows a decent amount about them

Comment

cp_mike also knows quite abit about them too. I believe the honda kit uses a modified block coolant drain bolt w/ the actual heater unit tapped in the center of the bolt and the rest I believe is the elec. cord.

Comment

It is true. It's only for Canadian models, though I think some northern US models had it as an option. Perhaps it was for 92-93 EX-R only.

Comment

I believe you can get them here in the US thru the dealer, I've sorta always wanted one, may end up getting one @ some point. Makes me wonder what its capable of heating the coolant up to @ a given outside temp.

Comment

I'm quite sure they're optional for us, yes... especially up north where you're at, Dan!
            I think I read something from cpmike years ago saying we have all the wiring or mounting points or whatever for it. Just need the parts to plug into it. I never looked into it myself... it gets cold here, but never THAT bad that I feared for my block!

Comment

The block heater is an accesory for all accords 1990-1993 in the us and Canada. There is one I pulled from my junkyard off a usdm 1990 ex coupe.

Here are the install directions for a cd5. the only difference is the way the cord is ran.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/.../16646_01.html

Comment

^nice, great post!

Comment

Ya my 93 EXR doesn't have one but has the place for it. I'm guessing it was only added as an extra at the time of it being ordered.

It's on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

:-)

Comment

I wish the cord didnt have a weird plug or i would pull the one at my junkyard

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                      I wish the cord didnt have a weird plug or i would pull the one at my junkyard
                      I'd take it and put a different end on it. The picture above looks like 120, so just take a cord (Home depot) and attach it.
                      MRT
                      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                      Originally posted by Tippey764
                      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Working...
                      X