Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Hard starts only in mornings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard starts only in mornings?

Good morning cb7 and happy new year to all! I'm having a problem in the moring starting my car, it starts, but it starts to gag and eventally gets going, it feels like a fuel problem , possibly a sensor i dont know and dont want to go a pay a mechanic? Once the car goes its rides great, again only in morning or a long period of time when it sits. Has this happen to anyone else? please help. am i missing something? car is tuned upped and well maintained 270.000!

how long ago did you change your fuel filter? could also be the battery is old.
    AT WEST COAST MEET

cb7rush: who has the tongs?
    JDMxDB8: i got a thong on...

to get to see more of my cb click the link below.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130922

Comment

Originally posted by iwork4mycb7 View Post
      how long ago did you change your fuel filter? could also be the battery is old.
      X2, change your fuel filter then run some fuel system cleaner through it.
      MRT
      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
      Originally posted by Tippey764
      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
      Originally posted by deevergote
      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Old batteries tend to retain low cold cranking amperes (CCA). If I remember correctly, Honda Accords should be fine with 550 CCA. Low CCA will result in a situation as you described, though is not the only possibility. Remove the battery from your car and have it tested, they will run a test to determine the CCA available. They will give you a pass or fail result unless you tell them beforehand that you want to know how many CCA your battery has. If the tester does not display that info, ask them what is the fail criteria, in amperes.
        1997 Honda Accord EX-V6:
        C27A4 - 2.7-liter 90º-V6 with SOHC, 24-valves, PGM-Fi
        MPZA - Electronically controlled 4-speed automatic, 1 reverse
        ~170 cu. in. / ~170 ft. lbs. / ~170 whp

Originally posted by James Matteu
        You have to consider the results of your test in an objective manner, or as the country folk like to say, "son, you gotta be smarter than what you're workin' with."

Comment

the battery is a die hard 2 yrs old, and did the fuel fillter 6 months ago, i saw one of the cells getting low during the summer and added some water to it? i dont think that would hurt it? I also have an electric remote car starter, but dont use it to much . its seems to be makin it worst in the morning.

Comment

What effect filling the cell had really depends on what you put in it: what kind of water did you put in it? Tap, spring, distilled, triple-distilled, de-ionized, de-ionized micropore filtered, HPLC grade, reagent grade, etc.

I also don't believe the age of an electrical component (especially the battery) has anything to do with its ability to function properly, take it out and test it.

From all my years of experience, I have learned to just go ahead and pull the battery and alternator to have them tested out of the car anytime I suspect an issue with my charging system, it's just the prudent thing to do.
            1997 Honda Accord EX-V6:
            C27A4 - 2.7-liter 90º-V6 with SOHC, 24-valves, PGM-Fi
            MPZA - Electronically controlled 4-speed automatic, 1 reverse
            ~170 cu. in. / ~170 ft. lbs. / ~170 whp

Originally posted by James Matteu
            You have to consider the results of your test in an objective manner, or as the country folk like to say, "son, you gotta be smarter than what you're workin' with."

Comment

I had the Same problem this morning after my car sat for 4 days it did not want to start and when it did it was rough. Doesint the FITV valve have some thing to do with the start up correct me if I'm wrong can't you adjust it and it will stop doing that. I'm going to check mine when I get home and if it works I will let you know.

Comment

It's the battery.

I had a 1000 cranking amp battery last winter and it fired up on one key turn.

now I have a 550 cranking amp battery and it takes a couple of seconds before it'll fire up.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Originally posted by James Matteu View Post
                  What effect filling the cell had really depends on what you put in it: what kind of water did you put in it? Tap, spring, distilled, triple-distilled, de-ionized, de-ionized micropore filtered, HPLC grade, reagent grade, etc.

I also don't believe the age of an electrical component (especially the battery) has anything to do with its ability to function properly, take it out and test it.

From all my years of experience, I have learned to just go ahead and pull the battery and alternator to have them tested out of the car anytime I suspect an issue with my charging system, it's just the prudent thing to do.
                  Anytime you suspect an issue with the charging system, leaving the components in place and testing tends to save more time and give a more accurate result. A good example is basic voltage drop tests (positive and ground tests) moving along the circuit.

Comment

you might want to check the temp sensor

Comment

clean your IACV...something that everyone should do at least once a year
                      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by joker1999
                        Mine kinda does the same thin only when its been sitting overnight its hard to start i have to pump the gas a couple time when cranking to get started and when does start it has the erratic idle where the tach goes up and down. But when its warmed up it runs and idle fine tested alt and battery both passed
                        The erratic idle during warm up sounds like the FITV, or Fast Idle Thermo Valve. After the car is warmed up, take the two screws for the top plate off, and use flat head screwdrivers to tighten the plate inside, don't torque it, just till its closed.
                        PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Working...
                        X