Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

side to side wheel play.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

side to side wheel play.

i recently had my rotors check at school and found out that there worp. so worp that they can't be turned. i plan to get new aftermarket rotors all around soon, but while i was checking them i found i had just a little side to side movement on the passenger side front. its not much but its there. my ball joints are all in good condition. i hoping tie rods not wheel bearings. can anyone help me out.

1992 accord ex
    5spd
    home made cold air/ram air intake
    cherrybomb vortex muffler
    Last edited by cb7k-9 unit; 12-07-2010, 01:54 PM.

to be absolutely sure you need to use a rotor runout gauge. that will eliminate any possibility of a wheel bearing.
    COUPE K24

Comment

I think it's the wheel bearing. You need to remove the bearing to replace the rotors. So if you there already just replace it
      Accord Of The Month January 09
      Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
      BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

If it's the wheel bearing you should hear a roar/grinding noise when you drive. Also try long slow turns both ways. When mine went it made noise when I turned left and sometimes straight. I never had any play though.
        MRT
        37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
        30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
        27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
        Originally posted by Tippey764
        I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
        Originally posted by deevergote
        sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Grab the wheel at 12 and 6 o'clock positions and push/pull...........is there movement?

Yes. = bad wheel bearing
          No. = continue checking (see below)

Grab the wheel at 9 and 3 o'clock positions and push/pull VERY lightly. If you can't do this without moving the rack then have a friend hold the steering wheel one direction at steering lock and try again. If you get even a tiny bit of movement then you have a bad tierod.
          My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

It's sad that we needed 5 posts to arrive at the most probable conclusion.

Follow 19dabeast85's instructions, and we'll go from there. Side to side motion has nothing to do with rotors (and the word is "warped"... "worp" is not even a word.) However, if your rotors are warped, you will want to replace them as well. Wheel bearings are a smart thing to replace at the same time anyway.

Comment

if you got the rotor hot enough, it couldve baked the wheel bearing grease...
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

That's true. Though the warped rotors would be the cause of the bearing failure in that case.

Comment

there isn't any roaring noise or grinding sound, i know how a bad bearing sounds. thats why i couldn't tell what was causing the problem. if the rotors did cause the grease in the bearing to bake wouldn't there be up and down wiggle.theres no 12 n 6 movement so i'm going to try to check the tie rod end on the lift at my school.
                  Last edited by cb7k-9 unit; 12-07-2010, 10:17 PM.

Comment

No 12 and 6 movement, then the tie rods are most likely the case.

Comment

Working...
                    X