Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

my car idles while i brake..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my car idles while i brake..

it only idles wen i brake not wen i accelerate does anyone know wats the cause of this?

huh?

Rush

Originally posted by Darkcloud
    Bought 3 things, 1 that goes boom,1 that shades and 1 to go fasrer
    Originally posted by bmxicansd
    so you got a boombox, sunglasses and rosettta stone?

Comment

Cars usually idle when you're not pressing the accelerator.

Comment

Originally posted by jskeetz View Post
        it only idles wen i brake not wen i accelerate does anyone know wats the cause of this?
        could we get some more information? automatic or manual?
        Originally posted by deevergote
        These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

well when you dont give it gas it will drop meaning the rpms...But please more info

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203451

Comment

ok its automatic...wen im in park the rpm is normal but say i keep pressing the break repeatedly its start idleing high...like up to 2500rpm but if i let the break go it stops n it goes back to normal

Comment

possible vacuum leak and idk what else..

Rush

Originally posted by Darkcloud
              Bought 3 things, 1 that goes boom,1 that shades and 1 to go fasrer
              Originally posted by bmxicansd
              so you got a boombox, sunglasses and rosettta stone?

Comment

Sounds like a vaccum leak.
                Call me Travis.
                2006 Cobalt LS/SC ~ "Burt the Bloody Bumble Bee"
                1992 Accord LX ~ "Smoothie"
                1991 CRX Si ~ Hellion
                1989 GMC S15 ~ Oldie

Comment

When the car is cold it has a higher idle to help heat it up. Once its reached it goal it should fall back to the normal idle.
                  MRT
                  37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                  30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                  27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                  Originally posted by Tippey764
                  I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  sneaky motherfucker

Comment

do you know were i should start looking first for the leaks

Comment

The brake booster is vacuum assisted. Start with the vacuum lines going to the booster.

Comment

Sounds like the booster itself may be leaking.....if the booster vacuum line was bad it would idle high all the time, not just when brakes are pressed. I don't know what the internals of the booster look like but your best bet is to do this:

Remove the vacuum line going to the booster from the IM. Cap the nipple on the IM with rubber cap or many layers of electrical tape if necessary. Start the car back up and see if you can reproduce the high idle. If the high idle still happens then it IS NOT the brake booster, if high idle doesn't happen anymore then replace your booster, vacuum line, and check valve in the vacuum line....better to replace all these along with new booster.

Also: Boosters usually only go bad after the brake master cylinder leaks brake fluid inside the booster rusting it out and destroying seals.......so if the booster is bad it's very likely your master cylinder is leaking and needs replacing also.....when you remove the MC, if there is any wetness in and/or around the hole the mc rod enters the booster through then you have leaking brake fluid and the MC needs replacing.

Is the booster rusted at all? Are you losing brake fluid from the reservoir?
                        Last edited by 19dabeast85; 12-05-2010, 12:38 AM.
                        My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by jskeetz View Post
                          ok its automatic...wen im in park the rpm is normal but say i keep pressing the break repeatedly its start idleing high...like up to 2500rpm but if i let the break go it stops n it goes back to normal
                          Each time you hit the brake pedal the booster takes some vacuum. So if you repeatedly tap the pedal, you are effectively introducing a vacuum leak to the engine.

Comment

For a normal booster, you should only get a momentary slight rise (50 rpm?) in engine speed when the brake pedal is pressed. If you rapidly and repeatedly press the pedal, you can maintain this slight rise. If you step on the pedal and the idle increases to 2500, you have a substantial leak somewhere.
                            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

i meant if i step on i repeatedly it could increse to 2500 but if i step it once it goes up like 500rpm...

and ill check that booster to see what wrong

Comment

Working...
                              X