Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

bogging problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bogging problem

im still having the same bogging problem with my cb, but its getting worse.

when im on the highway and i accelerate it fast then i let go of the gas pedal it loses its power and i cant accelerate because it starts to misfire, it sounds like its about to shut off when this happens i have to pull over and sometimes i have to just let go of the gas for a while....

what causes this?

Most likely, you need to replace your oxygen sensor.

Does your CEL come on once you get to highway speeds (about 55mph)? If so, pull the code, and I'll be it's code 43.

Go to RockAuto.com for a Denso o2 sensor.

Comment

My vote is for o2 sensor also. 809, as I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I had your symptoms and mine was o2 sensor with no CEL. You car isn't misfiring, it's choking or starving (rich or lean) under load because of what is being spraying into the combustion chambers. Too much fuel and not enough air or too much air and not enough fuel. The o2 sensor sending bad info to the ECU is what causes it.

I had the bogging at highway speed too. At high speed, heavy acceleration, the bogging felt like an engine knock and my speedometer was dropping fast despite me staying in the throttle. That was a depressing evening b/c I thought my engine was shot. Checked compression the next day and it checked out fine. I was still weeks, and MUCH aggravation away from replacing the o2.

The symptom that finally pointed to that o2 was the little chugging the engine would do after turning off the ignition. I called it "dieseling" but it's not really that. It's like the crank continues to turn for a brief second after turning the car off. That was the cylinders sending me one final bog to let me know they didn't appreciate the crap I was forcing them to try to burn. I guess it was classic dieseling; in a fuel injected kind of way.

Comment

Any backfiring? If so, you may have a weak spark that is letting unburnt fuel flood the combustion chamber. Check the resistance on your coil, if it's out of spec, replace it.
        1997 Honda Accord EX-V6:
        C27A4 - 2.7-liter 90º-V6 with SOHC, 24-valves, PGM-Fi
        MPZA - Electronically controlled 4-speed automatic, 1 reverse
        ~170 cu. in. / ~170 ft. lbs. / ~170 whp

Originally posted by James Matteu
        You have to consider the results of your test in an objective manner, or as the country folk like to say, "son, you gotta be smarter than what you're workin' with."

Comment

ok so im going to change the o2 today after school. really hope thats the problem

Comment

the problem is the o2 sensor i unplugged it and it doesnt bog anymore

Comment

Told ya.

Good... that's what my car was doing. My o2 sensor suggestion was merely my best guess based on my own issues (that I had not yet fixed.) Now I know a new o2 sensor will fix my problem too!

Don't drive around for long without an o2 sensor. Be sure you replace it with a good Denso or NTK/NGK sensor (no Bosch, which is what most autoparts stores will give you when you ask for a replacement.)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                Don't drive around for long without an o2 sensor. Be sure you replace it with a good Denso or NTK/NGK sensor (no Bosch, which is what most autoparts stores will give you when you ask for a replacement.)
                Why not Bosch?
                MRT
                37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                Originally posted by Tippey764
                I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                Originally posted by deevergote
                sneaky motherfucker

Comment

where should i get a good 02 sensor from? or it doesnt matter?

Comment

Working...
                  X