Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Swap problem crazy honda rev 1500-5500?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swap problem crazy honda rev 1500-5500?

Ok so i crashed the accord and got a 94 prelude only to blow it up in 2 days. bought a 1997 h22a4 out of a guys prelude, got it in my car and its doing the stupid honda rev from 1500-5500 rpm. I have had this problem with my cb7 before and i ajusted that thing that always gets loose on the plentum. thats not it. anyone else have any idea?

(I am using h22a4 with the h23a1 intake manifold, and h23a1 trans. i switched all the sensors that were different.)
    MIKE KOLODIEJ #11

Stop crashing your cars?
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

do you have lots of coolent?

Comment

By "stupid Honda rev" I assume you mean an erratic idle (which is not a Honda-only thing at all...)
        I have no idea what "that thing in the plentum" is... plentum isn't even a word.

Clean and adjust your FITV and IACV.

Better yet, read the "sticky" thread at the top of the Technical section and find the thread about setting your base idle, written by HondaFan81. Follow the instructions, and you will fix your problem.

How did you use an H23A1 intake manifold? It does not fit on the H22A...

Originally posted by GeoffMisiak View Post
        Stop crashing your cars?
        If you're not going to help, don't post... or you will find yourself banned, very quickly.

Comment

thanks, and i know that its not just a honda thing however where i live there is alot of hondas that do it so its known as honda rev lol and i said usdm-h22a4 not jdm-h22a
          MIKE KOLODIEJ #11

Comment

There are just a lot of Honda owners that don't know how to maintain their vehicles...

It makes no difference between the H22A4 and JDM H22A... the H23A1 intake manifold does not fit.

Comment

I have exactly the same issue. Will be following this.

this is my thread
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=169195

i'm going to try to bleed the coolant and check for vacuum leaks

Comment

Did you bother looking at the sticky that shows how to fix an erratic idle?

Comment

Working...
                X