Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What A DUMB ASS!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What A DUMB ASS!!

I just shitted my SECOUND Alternator!! I know you guy are like Why??

Don't wash the engine compartment without a bag over the ALT!! I thought my last one was a fluke and that I could get away with Purple Powering the Entire Engine Compartment W/O covering anything up....Boy was I wrong...lol

Oh Well....I got another from a 94 on stand by...Just got to swap the pulleys..

I'll say it for you Guys...DUMB ASS!!!!!!

1990 Accord LX Sedan~Sold
    1993 Accord EX Sedan~Sold
    1995 Suzuki GSX-R 750~Totaled

did you spray degreaser into the alt? i dont think its necessarily the water, but more the degreaser that kills the bearings.

i never cover mine, but i dont spray it directly, it only gets wet with low pressureness. same thing with the ignition components, they can get wet, but dont force water into the cracks.

carefulness is really the dividing line in the should-bays-get-sprayed debate...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Yea I sprayed Degreeser directly on it and gave it a little scrub then hosed it off....

The Bearings didn't give out...I got the Batt light and My Apexi SAFC2 Has a battery guage on it and I't reading 11.9v Running...

Comment

I've washed hundreds of engine bays, including mine countless times, and never killed anything, except for my buddys Hyundai accent, but that was due to a poor spark plug area design by Hyundai. That car always had a check engine light after that.
        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

yea well I must be doing somthing wrong...lol

2 alts down....one on my LX and today I Shitted my Ex's.. Opps!!

Comment

I haven't sprayed down many engines with a hose or pressure washer except for like 3. I never covered anything though. The only problem I had with doing it was I got water down in one of the spark plug galleys on my Eclipse. Some paper towels, compressed air, and a little bit of tiem and everything was good. I wouldn't call you a dumbass. Maybe just a coincidence or run of bad luck.

Comment

did you have the car running the whole time or did u shut it off?

also, i have a spare alternator for sale out of a CB if your interested....
              Hold On Not Done Accelerating
              Had One Never Did Again

Comment

Yea I was trying to detail the engine compartment For a up and coming show here in a couple Months..I'm trying to get her to look and run as good as possable....Somtimes You Win and Other Time You SUCK!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jas_r34 View Post
                  did you have the car running the whole time or did u shut it off?

also, i have a spare alternator for sale out of a CB if your interested....
                  She was turned off and I let it sit for a little to dry up..What I really needed to do was used some compressed air and blow everything off...

I have a good ALT on my Parts Car but thanks....

Comment

Originally posted by StinkinLincoln View Post
                    She was turned off and I let it sit for a little to dry up..What I really needed to do was used some compressed air and blow everything off...

I have a good ALT on my Parts Car but thanks....
                    ok np

also if the car is running the heat will evaporate most of the water and wont let it settle, causing damage
                    Hold On Not Done Accelerating
                    Had One Never Did Again

Comment

Run it around the block, and keep a spare battery with you just in case. Get that alternator nice and toasty. ive washed mine plenty of times, maybe im just lucky...
                      90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
                      2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

Same here....I drench my engine bay with water everytime I wash my car...I only cover the distributor!

Sounds like you just had 2 bad alternators.

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol
                        ...this thread has been graced by the new CB7 King

Comment

Originally posted by 90-JDMCB7 View Post
                          Same here....I drench my engine bay with water everytime I wash my car...I only cover the distributor!

Sounds like you just had 2 bad alternators.
                          Yea they where OLD OEM Honda Alternators...Mabe it was time with 200+k on both...RIP

Comment

Working...
                          X