Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Weird H22A Prices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird H22A Prices?

These prices seem fishy, the H22A Auto looks great but 500 more for manual, then 1000 more for LSD? Seriously...?

JDM H22A Auto - $790
    http://www.tigerjapanese.com/index.p...hk=1&Itemid=26

JDM H22A Manual - $1,390

JDM H22A Manual with LSD - $2,350

Also notice how both manual pictures have the exact same engine in them haha.
    Current:
    2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
    1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
    1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

hmmm they are located in Toronto, Canada; perhaps you can go check them out?

Comment

ive heard nothing but bad things about Tiger, so perhaps that could be part of the reason for such attractive prices (50% chance your engine will be toast)... not sure why theyd jack up the LSD though, thats even more expensive than theyve ever been lol

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Yeah those prices are right, my friend has got an engine from them and had no problems. but yeah auto is cheap of course manual u pay more and LSD you pay the most. but those are correct.

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
          ive heard nothing but bad things about Tiger, so perhaps that could be part of the reason for such attractive prices (50% chance your engine will be toast)... not sure why theyd jack up the LSD though, thats even more expensive than theyve ever been lol
          friend got a motor from them and there was no sludge and it runs 100%

Comment

Don't even bother, Tiger is crap. You're in Canada though; maybe you can deal w/them locally and go w/a mechanic to check the motor out in person.

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i bought my motor from them and it runs good i just have to fix my VSS.

Comment

its getting more n more difficult to find a reputable shop that sells jdm motors thatll run well and for a long time w/o rebuilding or fixing something.. that being said, its a great idea to atleast inspect and maybe rebuild any motor u get from anyone.. as for the topic, i can understand the prices on the auto-manual, but the lsd seems to be marked up wayyyyyy too much.. id just buy the auto swap and sell the tranny to get an lsd one..

Comment

I would buy the auto, make sure it works then swap in the manual LSD later

1993 - CB7 10th Anniversary edition
                  1988 - DA3 Special edition

Comment

I got my h22 from Tiger, other than a having to replace a couple things, I've got no complaints

Comment

If you can like mentioned, it would be best to go check them out in person, that way you can do a compression test and see which motor is the best

SOLD!!
                      Boosted H22
                      375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

The thing is though why are the manual and LSD so much more?
                        Doesn't make sense, I could understand maybe $250 or something for LSD and less for manual. Isn't automatic always more expensive than manual?
                        Current:
                        2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
                        1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
                        1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Manual is more in demand... they sell mainly to people interested in performance, so the manual is what people want. LSD is even more performance oriented... but most shops add $300 or so for LSD.

Tiger has a bad rep, but then again, those shops that sell to the US from Canada know they can get away with it. For a $2000 swap (or less) if someone gets a crap engine in the US, it's far too expensive to try to go after Tiger legally... All people can do is bash their rep online... and no matter how much they get bashed, plenty of people still go to them. They used to be one of the few reccommended places to go on this forum, but that has since changed... quite a few members have gotten junk from them.

Since you're in Canada, it might be safe. Go there in person, and bring someone that knows what they're looking at.

I would get the auto swap for $790. Use it in your wagon. If you ever want to swap to 5 speed, sell that auto transmission for $200. Pick up a good LSD unit elsewhere for $500-$700.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                            Manual is more in demand... they sell mainly to people interested in performance, so the manual is what people want. LSD is even more performance oriented... but most shops add $300 or so for LSD.

Tiger has a bad rep, but then again, those shops that sell to the US from Canada know they can get away with it. For a $2000 swap (or less) if someone gets a crap engine in the US, it's far too expensive to try to go after Tiger legally... All people can do is bash their rep online... and no matter how much they get bashed, plenty of people still go to them. They used to be one of the few reccommended places to go on this forum, but that has since changed... quite a few members have gotten junk from them.

Since you're in Canada, it might be safe. Go there in person, and bring someone that knows what they're looking at.

I would get the auto swap for $790. Use it in your wagon. If you ever want to swap to 5 speed, sell that auto transmission for $200. Pick up a good LSD unit elsewhere for $500-$700.
                            /\/\/\/\
                            Don't listen to this guy, he's a n00b with m00bs.

Comment

The moobs have disappeared, thank you very much

Comment

Working...
                              X