Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Couple quick questions about an h22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple quick questions about an h22

First off... the car my h22 came out of had an automatic transmission. On the block it has an oil cooler, 1 of the 2 nipples on this are broke. My question is: do I need that oil cooler since my car has a manual trans.

Second... will the hard water line from an f series motor work on the h? it's the pipe that goes under the intake manifold.

And lastly... I need to know the signifigance of the fuel pressure regulator solenoid. Someone said I don't need it, is this true? if I don't need it, what do I do with the vacuum line and electrical plug?

Thanks in advance.

I'm getting close to having the things I need to get this done... just a few last questions... hopefully

Anyone?

Comment

You know more than me JR... Im useless...

Comment

Wow. Is there anyone that can help me? I need to figure this stuff out, soon

Comment

With all the swaps out there, no one can help this guy??? He's really close to getting his swap done but he needs a few facts and pointers before he drops it in.

Comment

the oil cooLer on the back of ur motor doesnt mean it was automatice. 3 of my 5 speed motors have1 h23 h22 and f22a6 its 4 extra cooling ithink u could just block off the nipples or get a new hard pipe

Comment

h22 pipe is much biger

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
                First off... the car my h22 came out of had an automatic transmission. On the block it has an oil cooler, 1 of the 2 nipples on this are broke. My question is: do I need that oil cooler since my car has a manual trans.

Second... will the hard water line from an f series motor work on the h? it's the pipe that goes under the intake manifold.

And lastly... I need to know the signifigance of the fuel pressure regulator solenoid. Someone said I don't need it, is this true? if I don't need it, what do I do with the vacuum line and electrical plug?

Thanks in advance.

I'm getting close to having the things I need to get this done... just a few last questions... hopefully
                nah you dont NEED the cooler but to get rid of it, youll need to bypass it with a piece of hose that fits... it might be easier to just swap a new cooler in its place with one from any random F22/H22 that came with one. thats your choice.

water pipe is specific to H22. you can not switch these.

and the FPR solenoid gets pitched, the FPR should have a vac line right from its nipple to the intake manifold, nothing in between.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

No. It does aid in cooling your oil, but it's not a necessity.

No. The water pump housings are at different angles where the pipe comes in, therefore the pipes are bent differently.

Sorry not familiar with it.... fuel pressure regulator is the only one I'm aware of and you need that for sure.
                  MR Thread
                  GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

In that pic, if you look, it's the black thing that's angled towards the throttle body. There is a nipple on it that goes to a diaphragm. And if you look on the opposite side of it, toward the intake runners, there is an electrical plug that hooks to it. If its not needed, then, that's 1 less thing I have to worry about.

I appreciate your help. I'm getting super close to getting all the stuff needed to make this happen, and I'm so excited. I haven't driven my car in almost a month due to a failing head gasket. And I don't want to put any more money into the f22 since I have an h22 waiting to take its place

Comment

not to sure but the sohc vtec motor has one of those i did a sohc vtec head swap once and didnt use the siliniod work fine without but not sure if the h22 diffrent you know

Comment

Ok, another quick question. When I do away with the fpr solenoid, where does the hose that goes from that to the diaphragm plug into?

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

It should go directly to the intake manifold plenum. If there are no open vacuum nipples you can use a vacuum hose "T" to splice into an existing vacuum line.
                            MR Thread
                            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

That thing you have circled...throw it away. You don't need it. Just be sure to plug up the vacuum source the hose was hooked up to.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                              X