Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Power Seat wiring questions and ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Seat wiring questions and ideas

Ok as some of you may know, I have black leather power seats in my car, at the moment they are in a fixed state since I haven't been able to make the power features fully functional.

What my question is, how can I make the seats work using the original switches on the side? When I installed them I cut all the wires that power the motors to be able to adjust it to my comfort level.

There's a ton of wiring in there that I have no idea what its for, memory feature maybe? Or perhaps relays?, I know what wires move the motors(a total of 3), for height, front/back and tilt features.

The way they work is when one side gets power and the other one ground it would move one way, and if the polarity is reversed it moves the other way.

I know some relays will be involved in this and I'm sure they are already in there I just want to get some input and advise on how to go about wiring everything.

If any more information is needed don't hesitate to ask, I'll be as descriptive as possible and will try and provide pictures.

Thanks in advance.

JC.
    1993 Accord EX
    2011 Subaru STi

Whay car are they from?

The best thing to do is get a good manual that shows detailed wiring diagrams. Figure out what the wires are and what they do. Once you know that, wiring should be easy enough to do.

Comment

They came off an Acura Legend, lol I thought you knew that deev.

I have no idea what year Legend they came out of though, a guy from work gave them to me for free and I haven't seen him around since he got promoted lol.

I've searched all over for diagrams for the Legend but have found nothing on the actual seats.
      1993 Accord EX
      2011 Subaru STi

Comment

can you just reconnect the motors to the wiring, or did you ditch the control stuff? since seats are removable the control wiring should be pretty self contained i think, as long as you provide it power. though im not sure because i dont have experience with them. i would try to find the OEM helms manual somewhere, they are sometimes stashed away on the internet (p2p?)

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Eh, I know people... I forget their cars.

A Helms manual will have the wiring for sure. I'm guessing they're from the last generation Legend, as the earlier ones were pretty old to have power seats (though Honda did put some interesting stuff in those...)

First step, find out where they're from exactly. Second, find a diagram for it.

I'm not much of an electrical guy, though... I turn to Mike here when I have questions

Comment

I can reconnect the motors to the wiring in there with no problem, that leaves me with a bunch of plugs lol, I don't want to try and run power to the plugs and fry something. Maybe if I find a legend in the junkyard I can see if there's more to it under the carpet or something?

I'll try finding a helms manual somewhere. I just wanted to see if I can get some ideas before starting to take out the seats. (Pretty cold outside lol)

Worst case scenario though wouldn't I be able to make them work with relays.
            1993 Accord EX
            2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Originally posted by tonymontana1204 View Post
              Worst case scenario though wouldn't I be able to make them work with relays.
              absolutely. wiring them up OEM would be easier

Current cars:

Comment

Got it.

Thanks to both of you Mikes. I'll be hitting the scrap yard this week I saw a few legends there I'll see if there's more to the wiring.

And meanwhile back to searching for the diagrams.
                1993 Accord EX
                2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Someone provided a link to access Shopkey on here somewhere... not sure if it's still active, but it might be worth a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                    Someone provided a link to access Shopkey on here somewhere... not sure if it's still active, but it might be worth a shot.
                    Hasn't been active for months lol.
                    1993 Accord EX
                    2011 Subaru STi

Comment

I think I saw a plug for power seats in my car underneath the carpet. Cant say for sure but might save you some wiring time if you can find out what the wires do.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=119920

Current cars:

Comment

Lol he pmd me, we spoke a while back about this, he definitely went the extra mile. And after me searching I found the diagrams he posted yesterday but he just made my life easier lol.

The reason why I actually want to get this done now is because my wife is bothering me since her car got stolen and she can't reach the pedals on mine.
                          1993 Accord EX
                          2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Working...
                          X