Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cracked fuel injector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cracked fuel injector

So I started leaking fuel from my fuel rain yesterday.... go down and get 4 o-ring kits that were freakin expensive.... I am cleaning all the injectors.. everything is ready to go and I drop one of them on the concrete and it cracks the hard plastic around the nozzle...

Question.... is this a big deal? If so should can I drive a like 300 miles on it before i replace it? Should I disable that cylinder if I drive it cause I need to get going for a 200mile trip.

I am just going to get a picknpull injector when i get back to Houston tomorrow but I need to drive with it till then.
    AD5OS
    FOLDING@home

man thats gunna be risky.

btw I hope you bought the o-rings from honda & not some auto store. cuz the auto stores are much more expensive

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
      man thats gunna be risky.

btw I hope you bought the o-rings from honda & not some auto store. cuz the auto stores are much more expensive
      they call em stealership for a reason.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
        cause the quality isn't better

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
          cause the quality isn't better
          i wasnt discussing quality, you said auto parts stores are more expensive and in most cases it is not.

the stealership is about twice if not three times the price.
          I <3 G60.

Comment

i wasnt discussing quality, you said auto parts stores are more expensive and in most cases it is not.

the stealership is about twice if not three times the price.
            you sir are wrong.

i didn't say autoparts stores are more expensive.

theres on obvious difference in quality AND price between the two, i'm sure both of us know that.

i think the other guy may be a little confused though.

Comment

some parts yes. but for the injector rings its cheaper at the dealer!

parts store=$22 for each injector
              http://www.autozone.com/N,14901484//...eResultSet.htm

honda=$29 for all 4 injectors

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
              01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
              93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
              93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

you guys are so high, you can buy them off rockauto for under ten bucks.
                I <3 G60.

Comment

Thread off topic.....the orange piece at the end controls spray pattern. ive been told a injector will still funtion but the fuel will not ignite the same on that cylinder because the spray pattern isnt focus in a straight direction.

Comment

yeah if its cracked I certainly wouldn't put it back in. I did that when i changed my headgasket. I accidentally cracked one of mine while taking the IM off, b/c I stupidly left it in there, and twisted it a bit.

member's ride thread
                    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                    91 Accord SE 176k
                    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

depends what you buy, the OEM kit doesnt include a few of the unnecessary spacers....

and how badly is it cracked? ive always understood it to be no big deal when the pintle cap is cracked, you can run it as-is. how bad is it?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                      Current cars:
                      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Well I drove 200 miles no problems last night. I cleaned out my EGR valve and as much of the ports that I could through the valve with a long wire and carb spray.

I should of taken a picture of it... but the side of the orange part has a bit that is missing but there is still a complete circle around the nozzle. I will replace it soon.. they are cheap and easy to get from the picknpull.

I first went down to the dealer ship and told them what I needed and they only had 1 seal ring which he thought was an O-ring... stupid me should of looked on Majestic Honda's site and got him the specific part number cause when I called he said he had 5 there and when I showed up him and his buddy could only find 1 seal ring...

So I HAD to get them from Advanced cause they were the only company that a whole seal kit of the injectors.... They all needed to be replaced... they had all shrunk to the point that they were not holding back the gas.

I think this is cause I have been using higher amounts of Ethanol in my car and was expecting some parts to fail and I needed to replace them anyway. The old rings were greenish in color and very small and weak... the new ones which seem to be much bigger were blue and much larger... they fit in the rail much tighter... the old injectors I could move around easily which I know wasn't good.

Anyone know where the cheapest way to get larger sized injectors? Maybe from a junk yard? any other Hondas with larger injectors that would fit in ours?
                        Last edited by AD5OS; 10-20-2008, 10:36 AM.
                        AD5OS
                        FOLDING@home

Comment

Oh and in all fairness here is what I got and how much it would of cost from the dealer.

Dealer
                          Cushion Rings 4 x $2.91 = $11.64
                          Injector insulator 4 x $3.28 = $13.12
                          Seal Rings 4 x $2.95 = $11.80
                          O-rings 4 x $4.23 = $16.92

Total = $53.48

Beck/Arnley O-ring kit with all 4 pieces $10.99 at Advanced Auto Parts

Total = $43.96

Now all I really wanted was the Cushion Rings and O-Rings so in reality I would of only bought $27.76 worth of parts but the parts store was technically cheaper than the stock dealer priced part.
                          AD5OS
                          FOLDING@home

Comment

Originally posted by AD5OS View Post
                            So I started leaking fuel from my fuel rain yesterday.... go down and get 4 o-ring kits that were freakin expensive.... I am cleaning all the injectors.. everything is ready to go and I drop one of them on the concrete and it cracks the hard plastic around the nozzle...

Question.... is this a big deal? If so should can I drive a like 300 miles on it before i replace it? Should I disable that cylinder if I drive it cause I need to get going for a 200mile trip.

I am just going to get a picknpull injector when i get back to Houston tomorrow but I need to drive with it till then.
                            Go to the junk yard find a lude or a accord and get the injectors with the rings all set
                            NO matter how many times we downshift vtec is on our side.

Comment

Working...
                            X