Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22b1 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22b1 questions

hello, well i am new to this site and new to the f22 world. but i am not new to the honda scene. and i have a couple questions about the f22b1.
    1. the rear balance shaft is out of time and i know how to put it back in time but my question is why do i have to take the gear and plate off then put it back on can i just rotate the shaft til the pin goes in through the service port then put the belt back on even though the mark won't line up at five o clock like it should.
    2. i have an f23 head on the f22b1 in a 94 eg and the intake i have on it is a obd1 f22b1 intake. i have the f23 one that has a noticeably big plenem than f22b1 and i measured the ports and they are 2 mm bigger so i plan on putting it on. i also have a h22 tb to put on it, i still have to port match the tb to the plentem because it is 5 mm larger than the f23 or f22 ones but the only problem i have with installing is the iacv because the f23 one is 3 wire as the f22 is 2. is there a way to make it work with out buying that adapter plate to put the obd1 one on the obd2 mani. i won't be able to fit the adapter in the car because of clearance with the motor being in a civic. if i can't i will just make a blockoff plate for it and disable it in chrome since i don't have an ac that will put the motor under load. will this work or not.
    3. from all the reasearch i have done on the f22b1 and f23 everyone says that the heads are the same is this true? and if so why is the intake ports 2 mm larger would the valves or cam be differant too?
    i think this is it for now if anyone can help please do thankyou

bump

Comment

Originally posted by FNEG View Post
      hello, well i am new to this site and new to the f22 world. but i am not new to the honda scene. and i have a couple questions about the f22b1.
      1. the rear balance shaft is out of time and i know how to put it back in time but my question is why do i have to take the gear and plate off then put it back on can i just rotate the shaft til the pin goes in through the service port then put the belt back on even though the mark won't line up at five o clock like it should.
      2. i have an f23 head on the f22b1 in a 94 eg and the intake i have on it is a obd1 f22b1 intake. i have the f23 one that has a noticeably big plenem than f22b1 and i measured the ports and they are 2 mm bigger so i plan on putting it on. i also have a h22 tb to put on it, i still have to port match the tb to the plentem because it is 5 mm larger than the f23 or f22 ones but the only problem i have with installing is the iacv because the f23 one is 3 wire as the f22 is 2. is there a way to make it work with out buying that adapter plate to put the obd1 one on the obd2 mani. i won't be able to fit the adapter in the car because of clearance with the motor being in a civic. if i can't i will just make a blockoff plate for it and disable it in chrome since i don't have an ac that will put the motor under load. will this work or not.
      3. from all the reasearch i have done on the f22b1 and f23 everyone says that the heads are the same is this true? and if so why is the intake ports 2 mm larger would the valves or cam be differant too?
      i think this is it for now if anyone can help please do thankyou
      1. You can take the balancer shaft belt off. It doesn't hurt anything and slightly improves performance.

2. The answer to your question about IACV plug is on this page http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=5423

I recommend keeping the IACV valve if the car is a daily driver. Cold startups will be very rough with no IACV.

3. I do not know for sure.

Comment

3. The heads are similar, but may not be identical. The VTEC system should be the same, though... meaning that the port designs, valve angle, and overall performance should be crappy with either head.

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
          1. You can take the balancer shaft belt off. It doesn't hurt anything and slightly improves performance.

2. The answer to your question about IACV plug is on this page http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=5423

I recommend keeping the IACV valve if the car is a daily driver. Cold startups will be very rough with no IACV.

3. I do not know for sure.
          1. i have really stiff mounts so it shakes pretty bad i tried it. i droped them on a h23 in a prelude and didn't notice a differance but this thing i can tell big time and it made the exaust louder too

2.thanks but does the iacv just adjust off of load and the fiav i think that is what it is called controll the idle for cold starts???

3. well i know the ports are 2mm larger so guess has anyone flow tested the a6 and b1 and compared them see how the a6 flows the best. and how the other guy said it is crappy you got to think i had a d15 in this thing before the f22 so anything is better and you can't beat a 50 dollor motor lol

Comment

1 it doesnt matter where the outer gear is meshed at. just lock the rod through the service hole, and hook up the belt wherever, and leave the markings not lined up.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Bisimoto has compared the F22A and F22B1 heads, and the F22B1 is a poor design for performance. Much of that is due to the VTEC system (though the F22B2 also has a fairly poor design from a performance standpoint as well). I've heard many comparisons between the F22B1 and F23A heads, but I've not seen any hard evidence... so I can't say anything for certain with that. One way to check is to compare part numbers, to see if there are any shared parts between the F22B1 and F23A.

And yeah, I'd have to agree that a $50 motor, especially a much larger motor, is always a good thing!

Comment

thanks that is pretty much what i thought on the rear shaft just didn't know for sure to bad it's rain or i would go fix it now. lol and as for the motor it runns really nice for 50 bux no smoke or pings just shakes but working on that

Comment

Nevermind what I said about IACV. I remember having problems with idle when I just had a block off plate,
                  but I cannot remember how it behaved when I actually disabled it in Crome. Maybe someone else has done this and can explain better.

Yea, there is a lot of vibration. I don't think anything can be done about it.
                  I am using the same generic mounts in my EG... except I filled mine with 94A urethane. lol it is pretty bad.

and deever knows his stuff, if you can find an F22Ax head and get an H23 intake manifold and delta 272 or bisi stage2 cam, you will make good power.

or just work on the F23 head, $50 bucks for a running Honda engine is a steal

good luck!

Comment

Boost it and that F23 head will be fine

Also, filled mounts will always produce vibrations. There's a reason for the soft, flexible stock mounts!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                      Boost it and that F23 head will be fine

Also, filled mounts will always produce vibrations. There's a reason for the soft, flexible stock mounts!
                      that's the plan to boost and i think the reson for the stiff mounts is because it only us three instead of four but right now i am not running the balancer belt and i am going to realine it tomorrow and see what that does i would rather have it smoother than have a couple ponies because it's bad i have no carpet or headliner so it echos pretty good lol

Comment

thought i would i would give an update well i got the balancer shafts right and then sense the car was quieter and didn't viberate as much i could here the head chattering abit so i did a valve lash adjustment to it and my finding when doing that were surprising i had 6 valves that were .235 off and over. and all the others were around .022 so i reset all off them and wow it sound and drives like a differant car all together and it is really smooth. as for the intake manifold i am in the middle of polishing it and port matching the h22 tb . and i have decided to make a block off plate for the iacv and the ftav (think that's it the one under the tb)and disable it in crome and if that doesn't please me then i will reinstall them and go from there but i think i will be happy because this car isn't a dd. and i am going to be tucking it when i install the intake so i think this will clean up the engine bay alittle more. has anyone used the hondata intake gasket?? if so did you notice any improvement with it???

Comment

The Hondata gasket, similar to the Bisimoto gasket, does indeed help... but it won't be so much power that you'll actually feel it.

Comment

thanks for the input on the gasket man probly still go out and get one.

Comment

Working...
                            X