Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Low Profile Muffler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low Profile Muffler

Hey all, it's Lebb again.

I've recently started looking around for a new muffler but I'm having some difficulties.

I'm looking for a muffler that's relatively quiet (maybe a little louder than stock) and with a low profile because my car is pretty low and I plan on going lower this summer. All the muffler's I've found so far are fat and hang kind of low..

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Tanabe Medalion Touring
    Tanabe Super Medalion Hyper

Those two are pretty low profile.

Tanabe

They don't sell exhaust systems for CB's, so you'd have to find someone with a used system and just shop their muffler off.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

You could look for an Oval Magnaflow. Mine fits flush with the rear bumper pretty much.
      Originally posted by sweet91accord
      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Hey man you should really check this one out. I might be buying this one myself

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vibra...spagenameZWDVW

SOLD!!
        Boosted H22
        375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

obx twin loop.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I've looked at all the suggestions so far and I'm liking the Vibrant muffler with the Oval Magnaflow as a runner up. I've checked out the Vibrant one though and it seems to have everything I need.. low profile.. not too loud.. not too noticeable since it's black (never thought of going with black but I'm liking it)... and it's at a good price. I'll just need to find a nice tip to go with it.

EDIT:

Alright, so far I think I'm going with..

this muffler: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vibra...spagenameZWDVW

and this tip: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vibra...3763QQtcZphoto

I like the price and they're both from the same eBay Gold PowerSeller. The quallity seems fine to me, but I'll still take suggestions until I order them which probably won't be for another 2 weeks (got a nice big cheque comin in)
            Last edited by Lebb; 04-30-2008, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Look like a good choice to me

SOLD!!
              Boosted H22
              375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

thats the exhaust tip ive always wanted!

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

hmmm that vibrant muffler is sexy.....i might have to spring for one of those myself lol

Comment

you could get an EStuning they run about 145 if memory serves right and i think JDMcarboy has them in flat black and chrome.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

The apexi ws2 is a good exhaust system that has a fairly stock sound. And has a lower profile than some mufflers.
                      Apexi ws2 on a 93 accord

H22 Fund Cancelled. Flight training underway.

Comment

Hey a few buddies of mine have been dogging me, tellin me a 3 inch outlet exhaust tip won't look right on my cb7 (it'll be too big for the car) and that I should get a 2.5 inch outlet one instead.. what do you guys think.. will there be any noticeable difference if I go from 3 inch to 2.5 inch? Personally I'm neutral towards both sizes right now.. but my buddies say the 2.5 inch will probably attract less cops.

Comment

Lebb, you live in Quebec, so i know you can get Walker parts from a local store. I bought a Walker SUPER TURBO muffler for my car, part number is 17747 (i think) Its a 2.25 inch in and out, side to middle, it looks and sounds AMAZING. If your going to do anything, i would recommend putting a new resonator in there with 2.25 to the muffler, it would make it sound really nice. They are a bit more on the heavier side, cause they have baffles in there to keep backpressure for the motor, but it still sounds great. GL with the seach.
                          90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
                          2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

Originally posted by Lebb
                            Alright, so far I think I'm going with..

this muffler: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vibr...sspagenameZWDVW

and this tip: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vibr...763QQtcZph oto
                            Nice.

Ive been thinking of downsizing my muffler and this looks like just what id like to go with. Center In/Out. Black. And the tip looks good too.

If you get it, def post pics/sound clips.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                            Originally posted by Jarrett
                            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

tanabe makes a few of them.

Originally posted by toycar
                              Braking the bank, maybe. Feeling like a boss, likely.

Comment

Working...
                              X