Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

auto -> manual trans swap question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

auto -> manual trans swap question.

I did have a 4th gen accord at one time(well half of it). i'm not new to hondas in general. but i did come accross somthing rather annoying.

the engine i'm working with is a f22a6 from a 92 EX-R
    if you look at the pic below, theres a small pin in the crank to line up the tq converter plate, i assume so you dont get the timing markings wrong.

the flywheel is from a 90 lx f22a1... i was told there should be a hole for that little pin to go in... but there isnt... i will line up the markings accordingly using the underpully..

SO.. i tried pulling it with pliers, vice grips, channel locks, bolt cutters etc.. it wont budge, so i stopped incase i will end up wrecking it.

can i just grind it off and call it a day?

i have a h22 flywheel still bolted to its block. do those have a hole that would match this?

thanks in advance.

My F22A flywheel had the hole, as did my H22A. You don't have the flywheel backwards, do you?

You might try and get a different flywheel from a junkyard or something. I'd try to keep that pin, because it is still nice to have the timing marks available to you.

Also, it looks like you need a rear main seal.
    1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

all stock flywheels should all have a hole to match that peg.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

i'll check the flywheel again tonight for like the third time... i DO know which way it goes on lol

it didnt have a hole... but i will check again cuz maybe i'm retarded.

does that seal pop off as it sits? or does that cover have to come off first?

Comment

Originally posted by cvandulken
          i'll check the flywheel again tonight for like the third time... i DO know which way it goes on lol

it didnt have a hole... but i will check again cuz maybe i'm retarded.

does that seal pop off as it sits? or does that cover have to come off first?
          Just checking on the direction thing, you never know. I've forgotten much worse.

The seal should just come out easy, just jab a screwdriver into it and then pry it out. There is a tool for it, basically a hook, but you don't really need it if you don't already have one. Be careful not to scratch the surfaces that the seal covers, or else it might leak later on. Be sure to get the new one flush.

Comment

this is to certify that i'm not going insane.

so there is no hole for the pin thats in the crank... so do i grind it off?
            also i pulled the h22 flywheel... and its much bigger than the f22a6 one.
            so thats a no go.

also i had a q about the rear engine mount.

there is a vac pod on it. that pulls on a lever. looks like it can make the mount hard or soft..... does this have something to do with the sport/econo shift button?

i'm ordering a rear seal tomorow for it. even tho i have no idea if the motor runs or not... but if it does, i might as well change it.. and if not o well its only like 4 bux

reason i dont know if it runs below . all i know is it has 490,000ks on it.

Last edited by cvandulken; 04-22-2008, 12:49 AM.

Comment

You could use the H22 flywheel. It shouldn't be all that different from the F22 flywheel. How certain are you that you do indeed have an F22A flywheel? You said it came out of a 90 Accord, but did you pull it?

Also, if that motor has 490,000 Km (according to google 304,472 miles), you might want to look at doing some other maintenance. Or get a motor in better shape; most jy sell them for $150, which might be worth it.

Comment

that flywheel has a pilot bearing... ... Doesn't look like a f/h flywheel.. defiantly not an oem h/f flywheel
                Last edited by ChIoVnIdCa; 04-22-2008, 02:12 AM.

Comment

there is a vac pod on it. that pulls on a lever. looks like it can make the mount hard or soft..... does this have something to do with the sport/econo shift button?
                  No its an auto rear mount that helps with vibrations at idle

Comment

reason i dont know if it runs below . all i know is it has 490,000ks on it.
                    I hope you got it for free

Comment

that is definitely not an f22/h22 flywheel. h and f flywheels look the same and are the same size... what you have there is something entirely different.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                      Current cars:
                      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by benji
                        You could use the H22 flywheel. It shouldn't be all that different from the F22 flywheel. How certain are you that you do indeed have an F22A flywheel? You said it came out of a 90 Accord, but did you pull it?

Also, if that motor has 490,000 Km (according to google 304,472 miles), you might want to look at doing some other maintenance. Or get a motor in better shape; most jy sell them for $150, which might be worth it.
                        actually i did pull it myself... altho now its got me bothered that its not an f series... as far as i knew it was the only laying around my shop aside the h22 flywheel... i could have it mixed up with something else... i will have to dig my parts bin tomorrow... i'm thinkin that the other guy that works at my garage probably left that one laying around and i have it confused... if i cant find it oh well... i will just use the h22 one.

oh and about the motor.. yea i didnt pay anything for it actually... i didnt pay anything for that front clip as a matter of fact.

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa
                        No its an auto rear mount that help with vibrations at idle
                        oh and about the mount... thanks... i will just replace it with a normal one..
                        Last edited by cvandulken; 04-22-2008, 02:21 AM.

Comment

if that motor doesn't run, i will just get another one that does... since it was bolted to an auto trans... it cant be that bad LOL.

i do have the h22a1 engine, but it needs a rebuild and i dont quite have teh $ for that yet. so I'm just using the f22 as a temp to get the car running, then i will swap it out after.

this project is far from anything else i have done with my 3g, i've been told by a few people that I'm crazy or insane.

the weight of the car without me in it... I'm aiming for around 2000lb. it should go pretty good with this f22a6.. and even better with the h22.
                          Last edited by cvandulken; 04-22-2008, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X