Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

2 Door to 4 Door Disk Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
      The Accord doesn't have one. If you don't use the valve, you'd need to swap over the brake booster and ABS components.
      So the Accords have no kind of prop valve? or is it built into the master cylinder? One would think that it should have one somewhere. So your telling me that if I don't get the prop valve then I will need the brake booster from the accord that I take the brakes out of? No ABS on my year, so I won't need that. When your meaning brake booster you talking about Master cylinder? or just the brake booster? or both?

The prop valve in the pics, is that a kit that someone made that I can by somewhere, or do I need to find all the pieces myself? (it looks like a nicely done setup, to bad if no one sells it as a kit)

Does the prop valve need to come off of a specific year of integra??
      I see twice as many accords then integra's in junkyards. Wondering how hard it is going to be to find.

Comment

Originally posted by AutoH22Accord
        So the Accords have no kind of prop valve? or is it built into the master cylinder? One would think that it should have one somewhere. So your telling me that if I don't get the prop valve then I will need the brake booster from the accord that I take the brakes out of? No ABS on my year, so I won't need that. When your meaning brake booster you talking about Master cylinder? or just the brake booster? or both?

The prop valve in the pics, is that a kit that someone made that I can by somewhere, or do I need to find all the pieces myself? (it looks like a nicely done setup, to bad if no one sells it as a kit)

Does the prop valve need to come off of a specific year of integra??
        I see twice as many accords then integra's in junkyards. Wondering how hard it is going to be to find.
        The prop valve really isn't needed.
        wat?

Comment

rear disc accords all had ABS which incorporated proportioning, there was no actual separate valve. the non-ABS cars had a normal valve shaped like the above, except they all had rear drums... which would make the valve incorrect for your application.

we use the 4040 integra valve because its the same layout as the standard nonABS brake lines on the accord, except its proportioned for rear discs.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

The valve is necessary for proper functioning of the rear brakes.

Comment

The pic displayed uptop of the prop valve, is that setup with pipes for an accord, or is that the ones from the teggy? IM going to be running steel braided lines to the prop valves, then down from the valves to the rear end with SS lines. Will this be sufficient enough for a DOT 4 conversion as well?
              90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
              2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                The valve is necessary for proper functioning of the rear brakes.
                Okay, so I'm going to get the integra 40/40 prop valve cause I want the brakes to all work correctly. So what year of integra's would I find the 40/40 valve on? And are the 40/40's only on integra's with rear disk brakes?

Comment

Here you go, all cleaned and ready to install

hxxp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-93-JDM-EF-DA-INTEGRA-40-40-BRAKE-PROPORTION-VALVE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33564QQihZ007QQit emZ170201996506QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Comment

Originally posted by AutoH22Accord
                    Okay, so I'm going to get the integra 40/40 prop valve cause I want the brakes to all work correctly. So what year of integra's would I find the 40/40 valve on? And are the 40/40's only on integra's with rear disk brakes?
                    Everybody that has done the swap says it feels fine without the valve
                    wat?

Comment

Working...
                    X