Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

paint

By chance does anyone here know about how much does getting your cb7 painted its original paint

The NIGHTMARE is only Beginning....

well a REAL paint job from a local store here is $1500 macos like $300

My Members Ride Page

Comment

anywhere between 300 and 3000, depending on the quality.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Dont get me started...

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=maaco

Comment

I've had my car done twice by Maaco. It's not show quality, but it's decent. I got the $500 job both times. DO NOT expect to pay just for the paint, wherever you go. Prep can be more costly, and having your car prepped properly is VERY important. The best paintjob in the world will look like crap on a car that hasn't been prepped properly.

Comment

Yeah I must agree with Deev when it comes to prep. I had mine painted for like 300 bucks. The paint job looks good but the overspray is hideous. I am glad I didnt have a front grille on at the time because it would probably be red with the res of my car, my radiator is. LOL. PREP is KEY.. And remember you get what you pay for. Later

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85
                Yeah I must agree with Deev when it comes to prep. I had mine painted for like 300 bucks. The paint job looks good but the overspray is hideous. I am glad I didnt have a front grille on at the time because it would probably be red with the res of my car, my radiator is. LOL. PREP is KEY.. And remember you get what you pay for. Later
                where did you get your car painted? your paint job looks really good. for $300 that's a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by tunerman
                  where did you get your car painted? your paint job looks really good. for $300 that's a deal.
                  Mine was done at the Independence Maaco. Got a good deal on the body work that I needed done plus a fresh paint job. The people were real cool but now that I look back I wish I would have spent a bit more for the prep so that I wouldnt have all the overspray. You have to look to see most of it but it is hard to miss when I detail it. LOL. I always seem to find more overspray. Look at my members ride thread, link in my sig below, and look at the pictures of it with the bumper off. You can see my JDM Bordeux Red Radiator. lol. Later

Comment

Why not do it yourself? It would be much cheaper
                    My "DIY" thread

Anyway, as far as paintwork (And most other things), you always get what you pay for, there is no magic shop that does great work for maaco like money, you just won't find it.

First decide on how long you intend on keeping your car, then you can decide on the quality of job you want to pay for. L8r
                    Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                    01-01-2019

Comment

Working...
                    X