Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What If I Broke Into Your House?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What If I Broke Into Your House?

A lady wrote the best letter in the Editorials in ages!! It explains
    things better than all the baloney you hear on TV.

Interesting point of view

I have NOTHING against anyone from other countries immigrating to the United States legally.

Let's say I break into your house.

Recently large demonstrations have taken place across the country protesting the fact that Congress is finally addressing the issue of illegal immigration.

Certain people are angry that the US might protect its own borders, might make it harder to sneak into this country and, once here, to stay indefinitely.

Let me see if I correctly understand the thinking behind these protests.

Let's say I break into your house. Let's say that when you discover me in your house, you insist that I leave. But I say, "I've made all the beds and washed the dishes and did the laundry and swept the floors.

I've done all the things you don't like to do. I'm hard-working and
    honest (except for when I broke into your house).

According to the protesters, not only must you let me stay, you must add me to your family's insurance plan, educate my kids, and provide other benefits to me and to my family (my husband will do your yard work because he too is hard-working and honest, except for that breaking in part).

If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my friends
    who will picket your house carrying signs that proclaim my right to be there.

It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do, and I'm just trying to better myself.

I'm hard-working and honest, um, except for well, you know.

And what a deal it is for me!! I live in your house, contributing only a fraction of the cost of my keep, and there is nothing you can do about it without being accused of selfishness, prejudice and being an anti-house intruder. Oh yeah, and I want you to learn my language so you can communicate with me

Why can't people see how ridiculous this is?! Only in America....if you agree, pass it on (in English).

Share it, if you see the value of it as a good analogy. If not, blow it off along with your future Social Security funds.

_

Comment

Wow,

That makes a whole lot of sense when put in that context. Im Asain (as you can tell from my sig) and I dont like the whole idea of kicking all of the Imigrants out of the US. I was born here, but I have a ton of family and friends that migrated over here. Idk...

But I love seeing rednecks on T.V saying "I dont like those people, they should all go back to where they came from. Comin' here and takin all of our jobs...blah blah blah" Cracks me the hell up...

We'll just have to wait and see what happens,
      -Lam

Comment

better yet, how about i come into your house, give you a shiny bead for it, rape your wife and daughter and just for the hell of it, kill you all off...then proclaim that this was my house all along...it goes both ways

Originally posted by fizzbob7
        first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
        Originally posted by ACC0RD22
        no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
        So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

I couldn't agree more. If you're in America, learn English, and become legalized. If not, don't act like you're protected by the American Constitution when you're not American!

Comment

Theres a difference between a house and a country. You buy a house and it's your own. What gives you citizenship? Luck! We all as americans are lucky to be born in the best country in the world. We didnt have to pay a fee, we didnt have to earn anything, unless you actually immigrated and went through the whole process. Think of how much it'd suck to be born in palestine or israel and be stuck in a war. Or born in mexico with a huge national debt, or in africa where some places dont even have electricity. Now think of the lucky americans again and realize that there are people who are criminals, murderers, or bums. They were lucky to be born in this country and claim citizenship and yet we do give them benefits like social security, food stamps, etc. Do they deserve it? But what should we do? I really dont know, because who are we to decide? Im split on illegal immigration, and I am btw a legal citizen. Many people only think of how it'd effect themselves, think of the other side for once.

Comment

who over wrote that has the wrong concept, i mean people pay for rent even if they are immigrants, or some immigrants even own a house witch they are paying for. i mean come on, house->country yeah.. nothing in common.

Comment

Im illegal, i bet it makes all of you jelous that i can own a flushmount and be illegal at the same time..

Everyone in america thinks they know but they dont. Until everything is taken away from you and are forced to live in little shanties you wont know.
                Last edited by phatdoughnut; 09-07-2006, 04:19 PM.
                H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
                  Im illegal, i bet it makes all of you jelous that i can own a flushmount and be illegal at the same time..
                  Nope, not really...

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut

Everyone in america thinks they know but they dont. Until everything is taken away from you and are forced to live in little shanties you wont know.

Comment

"give me your tired, give me your poor"

The US has always been a refuge for people who want a better life. Why should we turn them away now? Sure, they should learn the language and pay taxes, but they should be allowed in.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                        Sure, they should learn the language and pay taxes, but they should be allowed in.
                        yeah i agree -- legally.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                        Current cars:
                        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

ok...i agree that all people who want to come into the US and stay should become legalized, but its not as easy as many think. Many ppl spend years trying to become legalized. And the whole notion about "you are in America now, we shouldn't have to adapt to you, you should adapt to us" is ridiculous. America is the melting pot of the world, with many ppl from many backgrounds and languages. what makes one language beter than another? Why should we limit ourselves to only English? why shouldnt we learn more languages and become better educated? The world is a global community, you can't be close minded and think its your way or the highway

Click ^^^ for MR Thread
                          Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
                          by the way, arguing on the net is like womens basketball, even if you win, no one cares.

Comment

America is a country of immigrants. As such, laws have to ultimately be respected. Immigration doesn't bother me, but what does is lets say getting into a car accident with someone who has no registration/license let alone insurance. I believe you have to be responsible for yourself and this includes being aware of rules and regulations and abiding by them. You can't just enjoy the benefits without paying your dues.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Originally posted by hamgumball
                              You buy a house and it's your own.
                              Oh yeah? Try to get away without paying taxes on that house/ condo/apartment
                              that you "own" .. see who comes to foreclose on you ..

Or born in mexico with a huge national debt
                              America is on the verge of being bankrupt .. not to mention what kind of a national debt we have!

But what should we do? I really dont know, because who are we to decide?
                              We're tax paying, 40-50-60 hours a week workin Americans, who have paid thru the nose
                              in not only taxes, but for medical, dental, health, and home-owners insurance.
                              NOT to mention the rip-off auto insurance we pay.

Originally posted by papychulo82
                              we shouldn't have to adapt to you, you should adapt to us" is ridiculous.
                              Try living in Germany, or Italy .. or hell, even Mexico for that matter .. see if you're "adapted to"
                              in the way you would like ..

why shouldnt we learn more languages and become better educated?
                              No one is stopping anyone from learning more languages and becoming more educated. It's a *choice*!

The world is a global community
                              Ya think?

Originally posted by LinX
                              You can't just enjoy the benefits without paying your dues.
                              Coud'nt have said it any better myself ...

A Hui Hou !!!
                              Tomi
                              Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 09-07-2006, 08:53 PM.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Working...
                              X