Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Hello from South Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from South Florida

hey everyone, i have been eye balling this site for quite some time now for help on my wife's CB7...glad i finally got the time to join and post lol

story time:

this is a white 1992 Accord EX Sedan w/ Blue interior

my wife's CB7 was given to me for FREE, yes for free as long as i went to Miami to pick up the title. It was owned by my brother n law's old boss which sold it to him for $2000, my brother n law owned it for 3 years and its been thru hell and back. He bought my parents 2011 scion XB with 280k miles on it for 2.5k (heck of a deal considering it never went to any other mechanic but the dealer and had everything replaced including motor and transmission)...parents drove the car from Miami to Fort Myers (that is a 2 hour drive) with no issues...i had to go back to Miami later on to pick up the title and have the car sit in the parking space for almost a month while i fixed a few things and cleaned it up.

the car was a total mess, and i mean a TOTAL GARBAGE PILE...aside from the issues it had, i saw this as potential, especially since it was free...and since i always wanted to build a CB7...dont have any specific plans cause its not my car (but im going to be dumping my money and time into it ... ) but i know its going to get the basics...coilovers, wheels, paint, and interior/exterior work...

these are known issues

*minor issues
    -only passenger rear power window works
    -cig. lighter does not work (do not smoke but do need to charge the phone)
    -sunroof does not vent...it opens by does not vent
    -radio sucks, antenna rod is cut, speakers sucks
    -dome light does not work
    -cluster light that shines on the face of the cluster sometimes works
    -leak in the trunk
    -need to redo door panel fabric
    -fast blinker when turning left (did not find a blown bulb)
    -fuses was missing and/or to much amps

*worse issues
    -car sometimes overheats, the fan was wired to a switch, i rewired it so it runs every time the car is on but it sometimes fails...probably loose wires
    -AC IS ALL NEW, but does not work...im guessing its a switch/sensor to the clutch that went bad (probably from the fuse with to much amps)
    -ABS light turns on and makes noises from engine bay (i disconnected the fuse and am dealing with the ABS light for now)
    -brake light turns on when i do turns (was told the brakes are new and they feel really good but idk why i get this light)
    -window tint needs to be replaced...im a little OCD with it...
    -AC speed button falls out/does not turn the speed up/down when i try to unless i push down on it and turn...a little OCD about it but not that bad...
    -my hand hit VTEC and tried to open the door from the inside and broke the handle...right after i detailed the car...

*Major issues
    -needs a tune up ASAP, i did 15.5 MPG on a 14.5 gallon refill...
    -tires are so old, they have really good tread but really bad dry wall
    -starter is loose and really damaged, gotta sometimes turn the key a few times before it starts...going to replace this first
    -bugs...gotta bomb the car...
    -needs body work and paint ASAP
    -needs HIDs ASAP

pictures

when i first got it...man i wish i had before and after...it was horrible!

the engine bay after a quick rinse to remove the leaves

did some purple power and pressure washed the bay later on...still a little more i could do but at least it makes it cleaner to work in

you can see my daily driver, 95 EG coupe w/ LSVtec...have a build thread on it but lets just pay attention to the accord for now lol

here is a pic after a quick rinse with the pressure washer

now some pics after my detailing day, inside and out

removed the cluster and cleaned the faces and glass...so minty now! plus 244xxx original miles!!!

door jams was ugly and black, nothing some purple power could handle

the rear carpet is so stained, i removed it and going to paint it, but first need to fix the trunk leak

i need a double din radio...either that or a block off plate

Nice. I like where you're starting with it. It looks to be in pretty good shape for coming up on 250k. Keep up the work!

The Facebook group

Comment

Welcome to the community. Read the rules and I wish you the best.
      '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
      If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

thanks, the car is starting to over heat, fan is turning on, but i have a feeling that it turns off when i drive...maybe cause of loose wires, going to check it out today and see if its electrical or the cooling system

Comment

I climbed in my trunk then had my wife spray it with the hose while I poked for leaks. It was comin in from around the tail light Clear silicone did the trick. Good luck man. I'm from Marco is so I know the rain u get. Fix the lea before the car grows mold like mine did

Comment

Do not use clear silicone... Get new gaskets
            Also, none of the 4th gen accords were made with a venting sunroof. Only slide back..
            Last edited by AAPOQ; 10-04-2013, 11:02 AM.

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
            BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
            Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
            CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Oh i never knew that lol, is that why i can still close the sunroof and still hear the motor even after i close it and hold the button??

anyways, not as important lol ... and just to add onto the bad news, the tail lights already have clear silicone from previous owner trying to fix the leak and he did it pretty poorly .. its probably leaking from the cracks on the tail lights themselves AND the silicone job, so need to get those replaced...either 50/50 with 40% tint or OEM Tails

going to talk to the wife and start setting up more plans for the car, i really wanna go K series as ive decided on buying myself a k20 motor and just build it until i find a shell (probably a EF hatch) to drop it in and having her go K series in a CB7 would be a great achievement, probably a waste of 5-6k but something i know i will keep ... im talking to much, need to post results lol

Comment

Nice , welcome to the board. K series would look nice in that cb engine bay, but you can't go wrong with the Ef either.

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

yeh talked to the wife, she just wants it to look clean, and functional, no k series, well at least not in that car lol

also found out my over heating issues...opened up the rad cap to find out that it had zero fluid, put some water just to get it running till the weekend, then going to flush and add 50/50 coolant and fix the starter Sunday, also on the lookout for some rims, probably going to replace 2 front tires and save up for either some 15x8 or 15x7 rims on 205/50 tires

Comment

The latter you just mentioned would be lude rims lol.
                    The CB7 Collector.
                    Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                    92 LX Coupe F22A1
                    2013 Toyota Corolla S
                    92 EX Sedan F22A1
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

welcome aboard we have a meet coming up in December you should join us
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...36#post3170736

Comment

im saving up for a DSLR camera, if i can get one before the meet, i will show up and be taking photos for a feature, but if not then ill try to make it

in other news, it took me 3 hours to figure out how to remove and replace the starter on the CB7, the teeth were chewed out and the bolt locations were cracked/broken, probably the original starter for the car...funny thing is that it took me 20 minutes to do this job in my civic... lol you live and learn

before

after

also picked up 2 tires for the front and got them mounted, all thats left is figuring out my AC issue...i was told it was a switch to activate the clutch in the compressor, still google searching to understand whats up with it anyways

Comment

hello again, not much being updated to the CB7 at the moment ... just did the oil change, replaced all 4 tires, replaced the spark plugs, and sea foamed the motor and gas tank...MPG has greatly improved but i know we can do better...swapped out all the bulbs with better and brighter bulbs but having issues with having the lights turn on when i open the rear doors, and when i open the driver door, all lights turn on, but when i open the passenger, no lights also...

but my main problem i encountered is that i may have a blown head gasket since the spark plugs came out wet with oil ... and i cant afford a HG job at the moment since im getting ready to paint my civic

Comment

Originally posted by ispeed View Post
                            hello again, not much being updated to the CB7 at the moment ... just did the oil change, replaced all 4 tires, replaced the spark plugs, and sea foamed the motor and gas tank...MPG has greatly improved but i know we can do better...swapped out all the bulbs with better and brighter bulbs but having issues with having the lights turn on when i open the rear doors, and when i open the driver door, all lights turn on, but when i open the passenger, no lights also...

but my main problem i encountered is that i may have a blown head gasket since the spark plugs came out wet with oil ... and i cant afford a HG job at the moment since im getting ready to paint my civic
                            its most likely a lower sparkplug tube o-ring. I had oil on my wires as well. Replacing the o-rings fixed that problem. There are a couple write ups here as well

Comment

oh really?! but my plug wires are dry...never knew about a "lower" o-ring ... going to do my research and start getting ready to replace that and probably a VC gasket

thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X