Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Why is it so hard to buy a car..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is it so hard to buy a car..

I'm Looking for a CE1 wagon and everyone selling one has absolutely no idea what they are talking about. It seems like every cars rust isn't in the pictures or they just dont tell you till you show up. NO ONE has any idea when the water pump and timing belt was replaced. No receipts, no idea about the oil. It seems like when I ask normal car questions I get no response or the infamous "car run good"... There's a wagon that is beautiful apparently has too many mods to list. It has an h22a chrome 20"s nice paint and decent music. And he's not willing to take out the music or the rims & he doesnt even have papers for the swap. (wouldnt mind as much if it wasn't outta state) So then you ask him a list of mods and you don't get jack. Id have no problem Offering closer to asking price if I actually know what aftermarket parts on the car! I don't wanna drive 2 hours to realize joe shmo over here thought itd be a great idea to drop on stock struts or cut stock springs. So when you Then finally you think you find a nice normal wagon looks really clean you get the cash to go look at the car and the guy ignores you for two days... Then tells you the car is still for sale so you wake up early to go look at it and you get ignored AGAIN.. I'm sorry for the rant but I'm getting so frustrated. I'm having no luck at all in finding a new wagon. If anyone else wants to vent I'm all ears.
    Last edited by Abcdefranklin; 06-15-2012, 12:53 PM.

To most people cars are just an appliance and nothing more.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Most people have no idea what they're doing with cars. Even the noobiest of noobs on this site know more than the average person!

Buying a used car is difficult, because the seller always wants as much as he can get, and the car is never perfect. Old Hondas especially are subject to rust, especially in the Northeast. Finding one that has no rust, in great mechanical condition, owned by someone that can provide records of proper maintenance... that's going to cost a bit.
      Once a month, someone will post a listing for a $4500 CB7 that has these things, and EVERYONE says 'no way am I paying that much for that old car!'

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
        To most people cars are just an appliance and nothing more.
        Sad thing is they probably know more about the appliance.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        Most people have no idea what they're doing with cars. Even the noobiest of noobs on this site know more than the average person!
        Hey man I take that to offense! Jk, but I understand what you mean for 4500 one could get a 2000+ accord. I guess I'm gonna have to keep looking or settle. Im just not sure what would be better to settle on minor rust or higher miles. Hopefully Joe shmo realizes he can't sell his uber tricked wagon and will actually talk to me. Coming out of this with a CE1 and an h22 would make my year.

Comment

Be VERY wary of someone else's project, though.

Hell, I could put my car up for sale right now, and make it sound great! Check it out:

1992 Honda Accord LX
          250,000 miles on car.
          1994 JDM H22A engine and transmission swap with 100,000 miles.
          Chipped and tuned P28 ECU.
          Brand new performance clutch and flywheel.
          New clutch hydraulics.
          Custom 2.5" exhaust with matching cat.
          AEM cold air intake.
          Unorthodox Racing crank pulley.
          New starter.
          Koni Yellow shocks and Neuspeed Sport springs
          TASauto front camber kit. New rear upper control arms and ball joints.
          Collective Racing traction bar.
          Megan Racing front strut bar.
          Prelude Si "fanblade" wheels. Tires have good tread.
          Rear disc brake conversion with new pads and rotors.
          Slotted/drilled Brembo front brake rotors.
          JDM CD/DVD deck with screen and remote.
          Pioneer speakers all around.
          Fiber Images OEM style carbon fiber hood
          JDM 1 piece headlights with Audi HID projector retrofit and BMW HID components.
          Fresh paintjob with cut/weld rear quarter panel rust repair.

Sounds like a deal, doesn't it? What would you say it's worth, based on that 100% truthful description? (I'll give the details I'm not listing about all those mods when you give me a number... )

Comment

Be VERY wary of someone else's project, though.

Hell, I could put my car up for sale right now, and make it sound great! Check it out:

1992 Honda Accord LX
            250,000 miles on car.
            1994 JDM H22A engine and transmission swap with 100,000 miles.
            Chipped and tuned P28 ECU.
            Brand new performance clutch and flywheel.
            New clutch hydraulics.
            Custom 2.5" exhaust with matching cat.
            AEM cold air intake.
            Unorthodox Racing crank pulley.
            New starter.
            Koni Yellow shocks and Neuspeed Sport springs
            TASauto front camber kit. New rear upper control arms and ball joints.
            Collective Racing traction bar.
            Megan Racing front strut bar.
            Prelude Si "fanblade" wheels. Tires have good tread.
            Rear disc brake conversion with new pads and rotors.
            Slotted/drilled Brembo front brake rotors.
            JDM CD/DVD deck with screen and remote.
            Pioneer speakers all around.
            Fiber Images OEM style carbon fiber hood
            JDM 1 piece headlights with Audi HID projector retrofit and BMW HID components.
            Fresh paintjob with cut/weld rear quarter panel rust repair.

Sounds like a deal, doesn't it? What would you say it's worth, based on that 100% truthful description? (I'll give the details I'm not listing about all those mods when you give me a number... )
            Sold!

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
            BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
            Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
            CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Now for the details:

1992 Honda Accord LX
              250,000 miles on car.
              1994 JDM H22A engine and transmission swap with 100,000 miles. Engine has 2 damaged spark plug holes, #1 actually gets pushed up, causing a terrible knocking. Transmission has grinds in 3rd and 5th.
              Chipped and tuned P28 ECU. Street tuned by a knowledgeable CB7tuner member, but with limited time and tools. IABs may not be active. Currently running a generic map due to a faulty o2 sensor.
              Brand new performance clutch and flywheel. XTD shit. Won't last long. Flywheel is installed using one mismatched bolt.
              New clutch hydraulics. Currently does not have enough pedal pressure to put the car in gear while running.
              Custom 2.5" exhaust with matching cat. Crush-bent exhaust shop stuff from 2004
              AEM cold air intake. Covered in corrosion. Fits poorly due to being made for a Prelude. Hole cut in engine bay to pass the pipe through is rusting terribly.
              Unorthodox Racing crank pulley. Rumored to cause catastrophic oil pump failure. Been on the car since 2004.
              New starter. Autozone remanufactured unit
              Koni Yellow shocks and Neuspeed Sport springs Both used. Shocks are rusty and one seems to leak. Funtional at the moment.
              TASauto front camber kit. New rear upper control arms and ball joints. Nothing wrong here.
              Collective Racing traction bar. Good piece, but due to slight body damage that was poorly repaired prior to my ownership of the car, the bar didn't fit properly... It has now been TIG-welded to the frame. It is never coming off.
              Megan Racing front strut bar. This is fine, but a $20 part.
              Prelude Si "fanblade" wheels. Tires have good tread. Wheels aren't in great shape. Tires look good, but have been sitting in the dirt for a year and a half. Old rubber.
              Rear disc brake conversion with new pads and rotors. JUST installed. Kinks have not been worked out. No 40/40 prop valve.
              Slotted/drilled Brembo front brake rotors. 2004 parts. Rusty. Driver's side inner portion damaged by a pad wearing to the metal.
              JDM CD/DVD deck with screen and remote. JDM, yes. Cheap unknown brand. Screen not installed. Sound is TERRIBLE.
              Pioneer speakers all around. Cheapest money could buy. Rears from 2002, fronts from 2005.
              Fiber Images OEM style carbon fiber hood Terribly faded, chipped on edges.
              JDM 1 piece headlights with Audi HID projector retrofit and BMW HID components. Lights are cloudy and need polishing. HIDs tend to flicker and cut out.
              Fresh paintjob with cut/weld rear quarter panel rust repair. Maaco paintjob, peeling in some places. Rust returning.

Comment

Deev thank you. You steered me from looking at the modded wagon (or just any car in general haha) I completely understand what you mean and now that I think of it I don't feel comfortable buying someone elses project. It's supposed to be MINE. I just needa not be lazy and do it myself. If anyone wants to see the wagon I'm talking about though I'll post it up

Comment

Please post pics! Haha I wanna see this CE1
                  1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
                  For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

Projects are scary, unless you know the person that did the work, and you know exactly what has been done to it. Bone-stock used cars will have enough wrong with them, without the added problems associated with someone modifying a car! With old cars like these (and a CE1 falls into that range as well), most mods will often involve some creative "solutions" to broken, rusted, missing parts... things that the person that owns the car might not care about, but the person that buys the car might find to be an unpleasant surprise!

Like my flywheel bolt. That could cause the whole thing to fall apart. I'm aware of it. I'll be upset if it happens, but I won't say I didn't see it coming. Or my crappy tires. I know they're old, and I won't be treating them like "good" tires.

Comment

http://westernmass.craigslist.org/cto/3060263582.html

Comment

That shit is pretty badass. Its apparent he has "too many mods to list" just from the couple of pics. The owner looks like he took pretty good care of it. IDK, I understand about buying somebody elses project but like I said that one looks dope. I would buy that shit for sure, the paint, engine and system is well worth it. Lucky I'm across the country because I would be all over that.

You would think with all the shit done to it the owner would have atleast painted that fucked up valve cover though. Not a big deal but I'm just saying...

Comment

Deev has such a good point too. Even if his only issue was the one flywheel bolt, he could sell the car for some good cash, and a week/month from now that bolt could cause a huge headache for the new owner. It could render the engine and car dead. & only deev knew about it. If confronted he could play it off as if he had no idea, AND get away with it all.

Comment

well if you live close to seattle my service manger is selling her 96 ex wagon auto, 1 owner. bone stock clean tittle. bumpers are scuffed up. no body damage. runs and drives perfect. has 170,000 miles timing belt water pump done 20,000 miles ago along with brakes and all fluids changed. no one up here seems to want it,

sorry to here the wagon hunt is not going well,

Red Wagon DD - 1993 EX
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172734
                            Gray Wagon Project - 1992 LX
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=166337

Comment

@hardinthepaint I might go look at it just to humor myself. Maybe I'll hate it maybe I'll love it who knows haha. But one thing I do know I don't want that stupid music haha.

@carcollectorkid I'm sorry but I'm all the way on the east coast Seattle is pretty far :/ and thanks man I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                              X