Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My dead Ranger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dead Ranger

Back in March of 2011, occurred the event leading to my 1st cb7, the Green rust bucket. This "event" was the death of my purple 1998 Ford Ranger. As seen below, She died belly up.

On another note, I was bored and pulled the muffler off my Accord. It's not being driven right now. Listening to the sound of an Accord again, made me decide to put my truck up for sale. IF it sells for the right price I could likely get my accord on the road fast.

My friend had a 2000... same model. It also met a similar fate. He was on a 2 lane road, waiting to make a left. Some dude didn't see him stopped, and plowed into him at about 45mph. My friend got pushed into the oncoming lane (he had his wheels turned) and ramped over the (thankfully unoccupied!) passenger side of an 03 Eclipse. Landed on the roof, and slid for about 50 feet. He was fine. Thanks to that, I have respect for the Ranger. Ford knows how to make a truck!

Comment

Wait, so you put this truck up for sale? The one that needs a new roof?
      MRT
      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
      Originally posted by Tippey764
      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
      Originally posted by deevergote
      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

No Geoff, he has a red Nissan pickup right now.

Poor Ranger. Tough trucks.

Comment

if i had the money and the place to store it, i'd buy it and do a convertible show truck
          92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
          2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
          2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

That's as overdone in the truck scene as JDM is in ours.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
              That's as overdone in the truck scene as JDM is in ours.
              yeah, i know. hell, i used to have a couple trucks that were 'convertible' from the factory, 70 and 72 International Harvester Scout and a Scout II..
              2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Those are ridiculously awesome and rare. Buddy of mine has a '69 Harvester long bed.

I used to be into the minitruck scene. Had one of my B2200s in Minitruckin Magazine in 2009.

Comment

Unfortunately that that was my learning experience, (I was being a dumb ass) driving to fast on shitty roads.
                  There were ruts in the ice covered road, they spit my tires out and I cut sideways at the ditch. My front end dug in, and I flipped upon hitting the snow bank. There was a 5 ft gap between were I hit the snow bank and where the roof landed. Then slid a little. Checked if my buddy, who had not been wearing his seat belt, was okay. Kicked out the driver window, crawled out to find some stoned kid on on the phone with the cops. It took the police and tow truck about 30min to arrive at the scene... But thinking back, it hits you " I nearly died there.." But the Ranger kept me safe.

Declared 50% at fault because of the roads, but also got a "Driving without do care and attention" ticket. It was a decent truck. Other than things such as a rolled back odometer, and blown intake gasket. It was twice as powerful as my Nissan and better on fuel. But my Nissan more unique which I love.

I might sell my 88 Nissan truck. Insurance bought the Ranger off me for $4300 I think. I had paid $3500.
                  Last edited by SASKCB7; 02-10-2012, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                    Those are ridiculously awesome and rare. Buddy of mine has a '69 Harvester long bed.

I used to be into the minitruck scene. Had one of my B2200s in Minitruckin Magazine in 2009.
                    indeed they are. The Scout II had cancer so bad, I could fist-fuck the tail gate, and rear quarters. I shouldn't have let them go, but I was in a bind at the time Now, both have been scrapped by the next owner. Same guy bought both.

OP: Good luck! You could part it out.. Probably generate quite an income on it, as to these are very popular trucks!
                    2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Originally posted by dysfunk View Post
                      OP: Good luck! You could part it out.. Probably generate quite an income on it, as to these are very popular trucks!
                      Sorry, this is old news. I just forgot I had pictures of it. But I got the insurance for it. it was $3200 after deductible. It had paid for my current cb and truck

Comment

Atleast you know if sell the Nissan, it's a desireable truck, so you'll get some good coin for it which will give you a very nice CB budget.

Comment

Are mud bogs a big thing up there? Is the Nissan a 4x4? That thing wouldn't last a day here if you were to sell it. They're highly desired in my area.

My cousin just acquired a Nissan hardbody, though not a 4x4.

And his truck sitting next to my brother's teg.
                          Last edited by dysfunk; 02-10-2012, 01:47 AM.
                          2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Yes, there are a lot of guys out here into trucks. In the spring there will be lots of fun mud. But snow is a bid 4x4in challenge up here. Look up my "Truck got stuck" Thread, you get to see the D21 in action haha. I bought the truck for $2100, and listed it at $3000. It's in great condition for the year of the truck, most of them are completely rusted out by now. I have yet to see another King cab 4x4 In my area in nice condition.
                            Too bad your area is about 3000kms away from me haha.
                            Last edited by SASKCB7; 02-10-2012, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Ahhh. Didn't put two and two together. I remember it now.
                              2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Working...
                              X