Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Thoughts on DEPO brand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on DEPO brand?

Hi guys, I'm thinking of ordering Amber corners and bumper lights (My passenger side corner light and bumper light are cracked). And I like amber corners and since OEM replacements for the bumper light and the corner light are really expensive I thought I'd look for some ambers.

Anyway, is it worth it to buy the set for $45 (w/$40 shipping)? I'm looking for something that's good quality; not something that's flimsy and that feels like it will break in my hand. Because I don't want to drop $80 on a pile of garbage.

So my main question here is,
    Are they worth it?

1993 Honda Accord EX

Only thing better than DEPO is OEM.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Exactly. Depo's quality is very good. They're the only company to make OEM replacement fog lights for our cars (now discontinued), and those lights are just as sought after as the OEM stanley lights.

$40 shipping for corners and bumper lights? Isn't that kinda crazy? I mean, I know you're in Canada, but does it really make shipping THAT much more expensive?! Those lights are fairly small and lightweight. I could ship that across the US for $10.

Comment

this is nice to know about DEPO.

i just ordered some depo amber corner lights.

i thought they were just some cheap off brand.
        RIP 4/23/12...lets not forget, the 88" Z31 turbo, are my dailys

Comment

People have had a difficult time finding amber corners. Nice to know Depo makes them!
          Back when this forum first started, amber corners were SO easy to find... and they cost no more than $10.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Exactly. Depo's quality is very good. They're the only company to make OEM replacement fog lights for our cars (now discontinued), and those lights are just as sought after as the OEM stanley lights.

$40 shipping for corners and bumper lights? Isn't that kinda crazy? I mean, I know you're in Canada, but does it really make shipping THAT much more expensive?! Those lights are fairly small and lightweight. I could ship that across the US for $10.
            Yes we get screwed every time with shipping, remember that koni sport cup kit from eBay you posted for a member. I ended buying a set from the seller, he took $30 off the asking price so with shipping it came to $610 pluse $43 in duty.

Comment

I like depo better then oem because depo is newer and not faded lol.
              Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
              93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

They also make side markers.

Do the depo amber signals have the reflectors inside them?
                "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

I'm not that worried about the initial cost for the shipping, I guess it is a fragile part. It's the Duty taxes that annoys me. I bought 2 Moog upper ball joints for $64 each, and the shipping was $54. Ended up being $182, I was fine with that I mean everybody had the same shipping cost not that big of a deal. When I picked them up at my local Canada Post office, the Canadian side charged me $30 in duty taxes.

Duty-taxes may be the only problem that would make me not buy them, other than that I would have picked up the set last night.

1993 Honda Accord EX

Comment

If worse comes to worse try and hit up a local pick and pull, maybe if you buy both at the same time it maybe better. I know both of my corners were broken when i bought my cb (cracked lenses) and i bought bought both corners for around 20 bucks. That is if you dont want to spend the high cost of brand new OEM parts. Prob a little over priced but they were in good condition.

If you want brand new then go with what was previously said.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhoenix82 View Post
                      I'm not that worried about the initial cost for the shipping, I guess it is a fragile part. It's the Duty taxes that annoys me. I bought 2 Moog upper ball joints for $64 each, and the shipping was $54. Ended up being $182, I was fine with that I mean everybody had the same shipping cost not that big of a deal. When I picked them up at my local Canada Post office, the Canadian side charged me $30 in duty taxes.

Duty-taxes may be the only problem that would make me not buy them, other than that I would have picked up the set last night.
                      The Moog ubs's are only around $50 from regular part stores around here?

Comment

20 bucks for used oem corners or...

27 plus free shipping for depo amber lights???

I bought mine from an ebay seller.

Not a tough decision to make...atleast for me.
                        RIP 4/23/12...lets not forget, the 88" Z31 turbo, are my dailys

Comment

I work at a bodyshop and we go thru alot of DEPO lights. They are pretty decent however we have had problems with moisture getting inside. A little clear sealer around the outside of the lens fixed it.

Comment

depo is the only cheaper brand that consistently makes lighting parts that match OEM specs, as far as the reflectors and lenses go.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                            Current cars:
                            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Sorry for bumping a potentially old thread but I didn't see thr point in making a new one.

What do you think about the depo red clear tails for 92-93? Anyone having leak problems? Did you add any sealant ?
                              92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
                              2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
                              2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Working...
                              X