Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

92 LX 4 door for 300 bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92 LX 4 door for 300 bucks

yes just like the title say.. 300 dollars for a perfect running car.. but...the subframe is cracked. I have a 91 EX wagon. I was thinking about using A LOT of parts from this. The Alternator is new, starter is brand new. good suspension. body is good such as the whole front clip. The motor and tranny runs perfect. the front doors are good alot of good stuff on this car. My question is.. Will most if this stuff work on my wagon?

I was going to spend 458 bucks at auto zone for passenger side front upper control arm, passenger side front outer tie rod and exhaust. . so why not spend 300 dollars on a car with all this stuff plus more stuff to use.

For $300, I'd say it's worth it for the parts, for sure. You could sell the shell for scrap, or donate it for a tax writeoff... Sell any parts you don't want to keep. You'll end up profiting from it.

You won't be able to use the exhaust, I don't think (I believe wagons are different from sedans and coupes...) but almost everything else is certainly usable.
    What you could do is check the Honda part numbers to see which are the same. Any parts that don't match are different, so be aware of that.

Comment

Where can i find the part numbers? Are they on the parts it self?

If the subframe was not cracked I would'eve kept it. , Is it possible to make the exhaust fit?

Comment

I'm not 100% sure on the exhaust... but I don't believe the piping goes the same way. To make it fit, you'd probably need to change the location of the bends by extending/shortening parts of the piping. Not worth the effort or expense for a used stock system... not when you can get an eBay special for $100.

www.hondaautomotiveparts.com is a good place to check for the numbers. I'm not sure if the numbers there are OEM Honda numbers, or if they're the stock numbers of Majestic Honda (the dealership behind that site.) Either way, if the numbers match on that site, the parts are identical. I suggest opening two tabs on your browser, one with the wagon, one with the sedan, and compare each part you want to swap over.

What part of the subframe is cracked? Is it part of the unibody, or is it a part that bolts on, such as the front crossmember? If it's a bolt-on part, that can be replaced. If it's the unibody... it CAN be repaired, but I wouldn't bother.

Comment

458 bucks for all that???

This is a short list of parts I've bought for my wagon

Dorman lifetime warranty front upper control arms, left and right - $95 at local parts warehouse.

Right front tie rod from same parts house - $20

Cherry Bomb turbo muffler, fairly quiet - $30

Header back 2.5in exhaust - $160 at local muffler shop, built with my muffler, shop provided resonator

Shop around bro, Autozone isn't always a great deal.
          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Most of those chain places aren't a great deal... and their parts are usually inferior quality (better parts cost even more.) They make their money because they're convenient, not cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
              458 bucks for all that???

This is a short list of parts I've bought for my wagon

Dorman lifetime warranty front upper control arms, left and right - $95 at local parts warehouse.

Right front tie rod from same parts house - $20

Cherry Bomb turbo muffler, fairly quiet - $30

Header back 2.5in exhaust - $160 at local muffler shop, built with my muffler, shop provided resonator

Shop around bro, Autozone isn't always a great deal.
              My exhaust is FUCKED up.. literally who ever had the car before just welded a straight pipe and a muffler and called it a day.. and yes its loud as hell. plus theres a hole some where. so i just want to fix it.

And deev, my brother said that its something to do with holding the motor. I dont know what that means. Ill figure something out with the exhaust. but ill deff check out them part numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ely585 View Post
                My exhaust is FUCKED up.. literally who ever had the car before just welded a straight pipe and a muffler and called it a day.. and yes its loud as hell. plus theres a hole some where. so i just want to fix it.

And deev, my brother said that its something to do with holding the motor. I dont know what that means. Ill figure something out with the exhaust. but ill deff check out them part numbers.
                The two main "beams" that hold the motor are bolt ons. Those can be replaced.
                If he's talking about the motor mounts, those can also be replaced.
                MRT
                37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                Originally posted by Tippey764
                I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                Originally posted by deevergote
                sneaky motherfucker

Comment

yea you can replace the subframe.
                  COUPE K24

Comment

Everyone is getting great deals this year!! The motor mounts that hold up the motor will be around $200 at least that's what mine were quoted from auto zone. I went on rock auto and got them for $90. Convience is expensive because to 99% of people, time is money.
                    1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
                    For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

Perhaps for the $300 car, I'd replace the subframe, clean it up and sell it for a decent profit.

Comment

I'm going to see how bad is the subframe or what ever it is they saying is bad. If its fixable ill sell it for some profit.

Comment

It's worth fixing. You can even grab a subframe from a car at the junkyard. It's a bolt on part.

As you can see, it's 3 pieces. Replace whatever is cracked on yours. Also, depending on the severity of the crack, maybe welding it or something will be enough to repair it.
                          Last edited by crazymikey; 01-06-2012, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                            It's worth fixing. You can even grab a subframe from a car at the junkyard. It's a bolt on part.

As you can see, it's 3 pieces. Replace whatever is cracked on yours. Also, depending on the severity of the crack, maybe welding it or something will be enough to repair it.
                            That's actually a very good pic. I thought the radius rods sat about there but I've never seen it out of the car.
                            Well done.
                            MRT
                            37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                            30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                            27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                            Originally posted by Tippey764
                            I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            sneaky motherfucker

Comment

holy crap.. if thats whats wrong im so going to the junkyard and find this.

Comment

Working...
                              X