Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

royal purple really worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

royal purple really worth it?

is royal purple oil really as good as people say it is?
    i saw this video, and i was kinda intrigued..
    watch me

i'm contemplating on what kind of oil/oil filter i should buy.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    If I were in that situation, I'd get my refund in blood if I couldn't get it in cash... but it's best to take the high road.

I've been using Royal Purple 10W/30 in my H22A1 for a few years now. I'm really bad about timely oil changes and maybe change the oil once or twice a year. I've pulled the valve cover for valve adjustments and there is NO buildup of any kind. When I switched from conventional oil to Royal Purple I did notice a difference in power and how the power was delivered.

I would definitely say that it is worth it to me to pay the extra money for Royal Purple! I haven't tried their filters, as I haven't found them locally. I usually use Fram Extra Guard or Bosch oil filters...
    Originally posted by Junior Smurff
    Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

my oil pump exploded at 7k rpm during a 4th gear pull, and after replacing it, ive had zero issues. this was 3 years ago. i use the royal purple XPR oil, and after the oil pump failure and no damage to my motor, im sold on it.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Did someone say what is the best oil filter..??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSKj-SbRkus

Last edited by HATCHing; 03-05-2011, 06:33 PM.
        Checkout my MR: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165984

Comment

Ive ran royal purple in all my old cars and truck like my typhoon and h22 coupe and it was awesome. and as soon as the wagon is boosted its gonna get it too. i would definitely recommend it.

Red Wagon DD - 1993 EX
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172734
          Gray Wagon Project - 1992 LX
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=166337

Comment

royal purple

I think it really depends on the persons preference but it might work for you so you better try it.

Comment

its a good oil for the price you pay.

but personally more frequent oil changes would yield the same results. rather than 1 oil change every 3000(uaual conventional)-7500(synthetic claim) miles as average people do i use casteroil gtx and change it every 2000-2500. the oil usually stays clear the 1st 1000 and then at the last 500 it gets a mild usual 3000 mile color
              frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
                its a good oil for the price you pay.

but personally more frequent oil changes would yield the same results. rather than 1 oil change every 3000(uaual conventional)-7500(synthetic claim) miles as average people do i use casteroil gtx and change it every 2000-2500. the oil usually stays clear the 1st 1000 and then at the last 500 it gets a mild usual 3000 mile color
                How long do you run it(Royal Purple) for?
                MRT
                37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                Originally posted by Tippey764
                I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                Originally posted by deevergote
                sneaky motherfucker

Comment

If your engine is healthy and near-stock, and you don't run your car very hard (as in, you don't take it racing... driving like a dumbass on the highway doesn't really count, unless you're REALLY stupid...) then there's no benefit to running an expensive synthetic. A quality conventional oil, changed every 3000-5000 miles, would do just fine.

If you're boosted, running a high-RPM N/A motor, or you do lots of hard driving (road racing, rally racing, or driving steadily for many hours a day on a regular basis) then a quality synthetic will give you the protection you need. In those situations, a conventional oil may degrade quickly, causing premature wear, and thus resulting in power loss. Royal Purple is very good. Amsoil has a good reputation. Torco is what is used in all of the Bisimoto cars, so I would certainly trust that. Castrol's European synthetic is supposedly fantastic (my friend swears by it, and will put nothing else in his STi...)

I have a bone-stock 2009 Honda Fit that I drive for work. I drive the shit out of that car... 181,000 miles on it right now. I use Shell synthetic 5w-20, and have since the second oil change (the "break-in miles" were done with conventional oil, as directed.) I change the oil every 10,000 miles, which equals about 5 weeks for me. I only use the synthetic because of the miles I put on the car, and the fact that it's running for 10-15 hours a day.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

If you're boosted, running a high-RPM N/A motor, or you do lots of hard driving (road racing, rally racing, or driving steadily for many hours a day on a regular basis) then a quality synthetic will give you the protection you need. In those situations, a conventional oil may degrade quickly, causing premature wear, and thus resulting in power loss.....
                    I have a bone-stock 2009 Honda Fit that I drive for work. I drive the shit out of that car... 181,000 miles on it right now. I use Shell synthetic 5w-20, and have since the second oil change (the "break-in miles" were done with conventional oil, as directed.) I change the oil every 10,000 miles, which equals about 5 weeks for me. I only use the synthetic because of the miles I put on the car, and the fact that it's running for 10-15 hours a day.
                    You said "break-in miles". Would that apply to, say, a near-30,000 mile motor from HMotorsonline?

Comment

Originally posted by Gr1m View Post
                      You said "break-in miles". Would that apply to, say, a near-30,000 mile motor from HMotorsonline?
                      No, because he had almost no mileage when he got his fit.

Although, if you wanted to make sure it runs good, treating it like its brand new and running it easy for a while before going hard on it, is never a bad idea.

Comment

royal purples whats up.... next stop. royal purple

Comment

In my vr4 I tried everything.. castrol syntec, that quaker state Q, mobil 1, royal purple and redline. I found redline to be the best. Didnt break down, oil pressure was the best with it, so that is all I use.

In my accord I use Either mobil 1 or castrol syntec. They both protect the engine adequetly for the driving I do. I really dont run it hard so I dont see the purpose of running redline in it.

The corvette I use mobil 1 (it is factory recommended) It works fine for me.

Comment

just purchased my royal purple today. switching from mobil sythentec. i got a k+n oil filter cant wait to see the diffrence

Comment

Royal purple isnt that great. Try amsoil
                              wat?

Comment

Working...
                              X