Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Learn from my mistakes!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Learn from my mistakes!!!!!!!

Since buying my car, my right rear window hasn't worked.
    I've acquired a window motor from a junkyard, and bought two more from a member on here.
    None, of them worked. The member, H22WAGON93, suggested checking my fuses.
    I checked, and there wasn't one for that window motor. After some choice words, I bought a new fuse, popped it in, and it worked!

Moral of the story? Check the simple, cheap things first.
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Moved to OT, as it's not exactly a technical thread... but I couldn't agree more. ALWAYS check the cheap/free, simple things first. ALWAYS put forth the effort to properly diagnose a problem before you start throwing money into new parts that MIGHT be the solution.

Comment

I secretly hoped it would make the stickies...
      MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Nobody reads the stickies.

Nobody has common sense, either... which is exactly what this is!

Comment

I read the stickies!
          And I have some common sense.
          I rebuilt a front end using common sense and a youtube video.
          MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffMisiak View Post
            I read the stickies!
            And I have some common sense.
            I rebuilt a front end using common sense and a youtube video.
            yay!!!

someone else with common sense and a proper way of typing.

i am curious as to why alot of Accord sedan windows just stop working. could it be a common problem
            http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
              yay!!!

someone else with common sense and a proper way of typing.

i am curious as to why alot of Accord sedan windows just stop working. could it be a common problem
              It is because they(rear windows) seldom get used so the motors tend to freeze up.

Comment

I've been using my back left to the point where it's started to break from use. If you roll it all the way down it clicks a bunch and won't go back up without help. Just have somebody pull up on it while somebody else hits the switch.

The back right made me very angry. Mostly because I was looking at the fuse box, and saw there was a fuse for power seats(don't have) and no fuse for that window!

Some good: Since fixing my abs I've been trying to get my car back to like new condition. I'm very close.
                MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

yea i bought a new regulator motor, then the whole assembly, replaced EVERY fuse... turns out it was the damn switch...
                  Originally posted by scudweiser
                  it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
                  Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

Originally posted by lordoja View Post
                    yea i bought a new regulator motor, then the whole assembly, replaced EVERY fuse... turns out it was the damn switch...
                    At least that was better than what happened to me! My rear left window quit in the down position. I troubleshooted EVERYTHING, fuse, switches (master and the door), motor, etc. I would just get a click out of the motor. Pulled an assembly from the junkyard to install, and didn't get around to it. Decided to try the switch every couple of days...nothing. The DAY I was going to install the assembly...the window started working again.
                    Originally posted by sweet91accord
                    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                      At least that was better than what happened to me! My rear left window quit in the down position. I troubleshooted EVERYTHING, fuse, switches (master and the door), motor, etc. I would just get a click out of the motor. Pulled an assembly from the junkyard to install, and didn't get around to it. Decided to try the switch every couple of days...nothing. The DAY I was going to install the assembly...the window started working again.
                      thats how mine started, sucks cus it was my window that crapped out, i pulled it up and left it stuck for about a week til i figured out it was the switch. kinda like my odometer wasnt working, so we did about everything there was, new vss, new speed and odo wires, in the end the odometer was legitimately broken... go figure
                      it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
                      Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                        So it fixed itself?

I love it when that happens. My ABS does it all the time

It's the back left sensor, I'm hoping it just needs a good cleaning, since it only has issues when it's wet outside. Go figure, just when ABS is the most useful it cuts out.
                        MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Glad it worked out for you

Always check all the fuses first.
                          NEW PSN
                          H22wagon

New project. 95 EG HB H22
                          RIP

Comment

3 of my 4 windows roll up & down slow on the 90 EXR, and the back left doesnt even roll up or down.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                              3 of my 4 windows roll up & down slow on the 90 EXR, and the back left doesnt even roll up or down.
                              if they roll slow it might be the motor going out, my friend had the same deal on his EK and we replaced all 4

Comment

Working...
                              X