Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How much is an Accord F22A motor worth?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much is an Accord F22A motor worth?

Hey everyone.... Noobie here. I'm driving a 91 accord and LOVE it! My wife has been getting after me to buy a new car, but I don't want to buy one. Regardless, i'm going to be sinking money into something. My choice is to fix up the cb7 tank. The stock motor has a little over 163k miles on it. I want to put in an H22 motor from JDM. If I do this, are there people out there that want used F22 motors? if so, what are they worth? My friend is a really good mechanic and tells me not to fix up the car. He says if I put in a new trans and motor, and fix up the body, that the car is almost 20 years old and the wiring and and framework are going to fall apart pretty soon. Is this BS??? is me fixing it up worth it?

One million dollars.

You're asking if the car is worth fixing up on a site dedicated to fixing up these cars. What do you think we're going to say?

Comment

Originally posted by lyleonfile View Post
      Hey everyone.... Noobie here. I'm driving a 91 accord and LOVE it! My wife has been getting after me to buy a new car, but I don't want to buy one. Regardless, i'm going to be sinking money into something. My choice is to fix up the cb7 tank. The stock motor has a little over 163k miles on it. I want to put in an H22 motor from JDM. If I do this, are there people out there that want used F22 motors? if so, what are they worth? My friend is a really good mechanic and tells me not to fix up the car. He says if I put in a new trans and motor, and fix up the body, that the car is almost 20 years old and the wiring and and framework are going to fall apart pretty soon. Is this BS??? is me fixing it up worth it?
      Prolly like $200 bucks for the f22 motor and not alot of people want it so urgently. If you got a place to store it just keep it as a spare motor just incase. Well let me tell you something every car is obligated to the owner. If you really love the car and want to keep it is your choice.

I made the decision to part with my other cb to get something much more. It's a good investment if you know what you are doing. Your mechanic is wise perhaps he has already lived his life to cars and just got tired of the scene and has decided to just stick to maintaining cars to get back and forth, not really wanting to hook up cars.

When you hook up a car that wasn't made for performance towards performance you have to stay on top of your maintenance game or you will find yourself frustrated. What I mean by frustrated is having to fix up the car all the time over simple stuff that if you would have done it earlier it would have been avoided.

Comment

Right. With 20 year old cars, you have to do a good deal of restoration and maintenance before you can expect it to be reliable, ESPECIALLY if you plan on modifying it to do things it wasn't designed to do!

These are solid cars. They don't "rust out" unless they are allowed to do so. The wiring is pretty reliable, unless it was poorly modified or abused. If these cars are taken care of, they're some of the better platforms to start with in terms of age and price.

The F22A has amazing performance potential. The H22A does as well. Your choice.
        My advice to you is to do research. Read everything you can. This site alone will provide you with a wealth of good information about your car, and you can make your own decision... because it looks to me like you're trying to find someone else's opinion to latch onto.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          ... because it looks to me like you're trying to find someone else's opinion to latch onto.
          Put a turbo on whichever engine you choose. Boost it to 40 psi.
          MRT
          37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
          30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
          27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
          Originally posted by Tippey764
          I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
          Originally posted by deevergote
          sneaky motherfucker

Comment

And if he takes that advice seriously and blows up his engine... or ANYONE that finds it and follows it for that matter, you will be permanently banned from this site.

Comment

And if he takes that advice seriously and blows up his engine... or ANYONE that finds it and follows it for that matter, you will be permanently banned from this site.
              I don't understand..
              MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffMisiak View Post
                I don't understand..
                No humor was found in your sarcastic remark.

1999 BMW M3
                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

i have seen some low mileage motors go for 400.-600. but as stated above , check and see how long it has sat up.most of the time if you buy a used motor don't take the chance and someone's good word on it though. its best to go a head and rebuild it before installing .this lets you have a better piece of mind.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                    No humor was found in your sarcastic remark.
                    I still have no idea, I'm gonna go do something else and come back later.
                    100% percent serious, no sarcasm whatsoever.
                    MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

40psi would require a serious build and a professional tune, and would still be at risk for blowing up.

A stock block can't take much more than 8-10 with a properly sized turbo and a good tune.

If you don't know what you're talking about, don't say anything. People that don't know any better will assume you do, follow your suggestions, and do serious damage.

The only thing I hate more than pointless flaming, spamming, or even scamming people out of their hard-earned money... is the spread of misinformation.

Comment

I took his advice and boosted my electric turbo to 40psi. The fan blades got sucked into my engine, blowing it.

Comment

You're not supposed to wire it directly to the flux capacitor!

Comment

So.... no ban?

Comment

hmm

Comment

Working...
                              X