Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rearview falls b/c of Subs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rearview falls b/c of Subs

Whenever I listen to a song with heavy bass, it shakes the rearview mirror uncontrollably. It sometimes even makes the thing rotate all the way down so I can't see anything. Does anyone else have this problem or have any suggestions of a fix(or a good new mirror)?

Video
    (Sorry for the quality, it was my digital camera's video setting=lame)

Originally posted by Maple50175
    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

i remember somebody saying that there are screws inside of those two open holes on the bottom edge of the mirror, and you can use them to tighten it...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Yeah I asked the question there are two screws inside here is the link. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43598

Comment

Yup use the screw, but I personally like the mirrors shaking
        Originally posted by deevergote
        I'd eat a baby for free. I'm hungry, dammit!

Comment

^ the screws dont stop it from shaking, they stop it from pointing to the floor
          cardomain

Comment

Originally posted by crisqo
            ^ the screws dont stop it from shaking, they stop it from pointing to the floor
            Not necessarily, depends where you put the screws
            Originally posted by deevergote
            I'd eat a baby for free. I'm hungry, dammit!

Comment

Originally posted by Fr0z3N
              Not necessarily, depends where you put the screws
              by this do you mean you can stop the mirror from shaking completely? if so, thats not possible, unless of course you dont have enough bass
              cardomain

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, it helps a little. But hey, the mirrors shaking is kind of bad ass anyway .

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn
                  Whenever I listen to a song with heavy bass, it shakes the rearview mirror uncontrollably. It sometimes even makes the thing rotate all the way down so I can't see anything. Does anyone else have this problem or have any suggestions of a fix(or a good new mirror)?
                  turn the bass down?

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
                    turn the bass down?
                    take it back
                    cardomain

Comment

Originally posted by crisqo
                      take it back
                      ok

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
                        turn the bass down?
                        hahaha, don't make me laugh. Might as well not even listen to music then.

Comment

yup screws on the bottom. i think there is 2. no it will not stop shaking but it will prevent it from droopin down on you

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

This is good to know. I dont have stock speakers but when i listen to something the mirror tends to shift down as well. I was just asking someone else about that problem today. I will have to check into the screws!
                            "You are part of a great thing. Live for it, Talk for it and dream for it."
                            "A friend is someone who will be there when the rest of the world walks out on you!"

"People who toy with others hearts...are only unhappy in their own lives."

Comment

Mine is affected sometimes if I get on the throttle hard. The vibrations from the exhaust are enough to rattle it down. Easily fixed though just check the screws like has been said before.
                              Originally posted by SoCqT08
                              This is good to know. I dont have stock speakers but when i listen to something the mirror tends to shift down as well. I was just asking someone else about that problem today. I will have to check into the screws!
                              Thanks you refer to me as "someone else" now. Damn woman. I see how I rate on your list. LOW. J/P. Later

Comment

Working...
                              X