Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Probably why my paint is lookin' crappy???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably why my paint is lookin' crappy???

Now and then everyone washes their ride, right? Well WHAT do YOU guys use as a cleaner (not meaning towel or sponge) when cleaning. But the kind of soap you use. I use either dishwashing soap or laundry detergent. As of now, im thinkin laundry detergent is NOT the best idea! Just check out my paint with using Laundry detergent for about 4 years since i started driving my car. Look closely, u can see spots where paint and some coating (mostly coating thing) that are nasty looking (to me). Mostly the top is where the paint is "chappy" like your lips would be. Is it just cuz of the FRICKIN' hot texas weather from time to time?

ANY Advice???

*Needs*
    -New shocks
    -Struts
    -Drop
    -Cleaning
    -New Tires/Wheels
    -New Window Tint
    -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

frost white CB's came without clearcoat, which definately doesnt help.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

no clearcoat?? how come? isnt the clearcoat used for 'protection'?

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
      Honda Accord Euro-R
      Honda Odyssey Absolute
      Honda City I-DSi
      Honda Stream

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
        This is considered "Pearl white" though...and it did have clearcoat...and now, just partly around the body.-tear-

*Needs*
        -New shocks
        -Struts
        -Drop
        -Cleaning
        -New Tires/Wheels
        -New Window Tint
        -Alot more lovin'

Comment

and regardless of what soap you're using, I would think 4 years of Texas sun would do that anyway if you're not waxing after you wash and keeping your car in the shade. when my dad brought my brother's cd over from NJ, the paint had a few fading spots, but it was ok... couple years now in the AZ sun and his roof is practically bare, the trunk only a little better, and the hood spotting up in places.

but yah, i'd use dish soap over laundry detergent anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by nahmo
            and regardless of what soap you're using, I would think 4 years of Texas sun would do that anyway if you're not waxing after you wash and keeping your car in the shade. when my dad brought my brother's cd over from NJ, the paint had a few fading spots, but it was ok... couple years now in the AZ sun and his roof is practically bare, the trunk only a little better, and the hood spotting up in places.

but yah, i'd use dish soap over laundry detergent anyway.
            lol, thanks for that advice. i Never waxed my cb after washing it, i COMPLETELY forgot about wax! haha i guess waxing would of helped ALOT! taha thanks man useful info.

..and actually it's been --Sitting-- in front of my house for about 4 years until i started driving it NOW for about 5 years, and lol it was my mommys' car b4 i got it for FREE!
            Last edited by Djmoua; 02-23-2007, 11:56 AM.

*Needs*
            -New shocks
            -Struts
            -Drop
            -Cleaning
            -New Tires/Wheels
            -New Window Tint
            -Alot more lovin'

Comment

Laundry soap is for washing clothes and dish soap is for washing dishes - neither is formulated to wash a car! Buy car wash soap - it is cheap and does what it is designed to do! A coat or 2 of wax every year goes a long way in keeping a car looking great.

Comment

Originally posted by Dhorn33
                Laundry soap is for washing clothes and dish soap is for washing dishes - neither is formulated to wash a car! Buy car wash soap - it is cheap and does what it is designed to do! A coat or 2 of wax every year goes a long way in keeping a car looking great.
                lol i know bro, im just too damn cheap to go get the actual soap and DID get suggestions from parents to USE these kind of soap (dish soap/detergent). Cuz afterall they're your parents "they know everything" - tahah appearently BULLSHIT! tahaha but yeah thx for the heads up. Plus i started driving the car at 16..i didn't know shit lol.

*Needs*
                -New shocks
                -Struts
                -Drop
                -Cleaning
                -New Tires/Wheels
                -New Window Tint
                -Alot more lovin'

Comment

while im sure its horrific for paint quality, SoftScrub sink/tub cleaner works AWESOME for cleaning the stains out of crappy white paint (probably because it has a mild abrasive in it lol). i used to use that on my old sedan once in a while, didnt care enough to go out and buy a claybar.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

1) dish washing detergent or laundry detergent isn't meant for washing cars. it's to harsh because it was made to dissolve grease. since wax is essentially a grease, dish washing detergent would remove it all in one wash. soap that is formulated for washing cars was made to dissolve dirt and grime without removing wax.

2) your paint never had a clearcoat. white honda's have single stage paint.

3) a bottle of car wash soap is around $5. if you can't afford that, you have bigger problems.

if i were you, i'd start from scratch. i'd clay the car, then use a paint cleanser to remove oxidation, then a sealer and glaze followed by a wax.

it may take multiple applications of pre wax cleaner (paint cleanser) to remove the cloudiness. work it until you see a clear reflection.

then wax every 2 months to keep the paint nice.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=56410
                    later.
                    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Frost white does have a clearcoat. Mine is failing on my driver's side door.

Comment

Originally posted by Prez808
                        Frost white does have a clearcoat. Mine is failing on my driver's side door.

When are you going to fix your sig mang....i think a mod flipped it lol....you should fix that right quick!

Comment

I flipped it myself. The dimensions are allowable only when rotated this way, and I don't care to make a new one at this time. So no big whoop.

Back on track, my clear coat on the driver's door appears to be yellowing. Where it has flaked off, the paint is like new underneath. At least I think it's the clearcoat, I have no idea what else it could be?

Comment

Originally posted by Prez808
                            I flipped it myself. The dimensions are allowable only when rotated this way, and I don't care to make a new one at this time. So no big whoop.

carry on

Comment

while im sure its horrific for paint quality, SoftScrub sink/tub cleaner works AWESOME for cleaning the stains out of crappy white paint (probably because it has a mild abrasive in it lol). i used to use that on my old sedan once in a while, didnt care enough to go out and buy a claybar.

softscrub without bleach works great for cleaning oem leather seats too just remember to recondition them afterwards

Comment

Working...
                              X