Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Feline removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feline removal

Hey,

Does anyone have any good ways of keeping cats off my car? They're frickin' killing me!!! I don't want to kill them, or hurt them (bad). I'm willing to do nearly anything!!! A car cover is too much trouble. Could I wire up my battery to the hood to give them a jolt?

where do you park your car? cats hate moth balls... if its in a garage or next to the house, maybe you can put moth balls on either side where you park.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Ive heard of alot of things...

Birds, Squirrels, and even kids. What are they doing to your car?...I know that cat piss really really really smells....

-Lam

Comment

Originally posted by TeamST_racing
        I know that cat piss really really really smells....
        hahaha

i'd try the moth balls...sounds like a good idea from Mike
        -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
        -1993 Accord EX SOLD
        -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
        -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

I've also heard that mothballs help a lot. If that doesn't work you could always resort to more "primitve" methods of deterring them. Go to Wal-Mart and go to the sporting goods section. Buy one of those little sub-machine guns that shoot the plastic BBs. They shoot like 300 rounds a minute and make a really loud noise, but won't really hurt the cats....or at least not INJURE them, lol.

I used to have a habit of leaving my windows down on my 3G Accord and they would climb all over the car and inside it too. After a week or two of shooting at them whenever I saw them even near the car though they seem to have backed off, lol.
          I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

CB7: The Movie TEASER VIDEO

Comment

i say feed it and add a fair amount of MSG in the food.

Comment

I have 2 questions. First, what exactly are the cats doing? Secondly, where the hell are they coming from? If it is a neighbor, I would have a nice long chat with them about their "pets".

generic short-ram
              generic strut tower bar
              hid bulbs all around
              amber bumper + clear corners (soon to be amber)

Comment

Originally posted by '93EX
                I have 2 questions. First, what exactly are the cats doing? Secondly, where the hell are they coming from? If it is a neighbor, I would have a nice long chat with them about their "pets".
                strays would always sneak into my parents garage and leave paw prints all over the hoods and roofs of their cars

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

If you want to get rid of them some antifreeze will do but thats just animal cruelty. But moth balls as mike said is one of the easier ways to get them away from your cars.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Remote start? Yup remote start might help you out once in awhile.
                    Hybridnation

Comment

Get a rottweiler. . Solved my problem.

Comment

They crawl all over my car. They start at the hood, climb up my windshield, lounge around on the top, and then slide back down the windshield. They always find a mudhole to go through before they do this, of course. I'm going to try and find some spots to stash mothballs on the wagon, but that might be difficult since it is parked outside, with no garage.

I had a cat that got into antifreeze. No fun. The BB gun sounds like fun, but I would have to shoot towards my freshly painted wagon.

Comment

Working...
                        X