Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rust??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rust??

anyone with alternative methods of fixing our infamous rear end rust?? (right where the rear bumper meets the rear fender? I dont like the idea of bondo being used again because when i blew out a tire it also took out my freshly done body work
    Collin

Keystone manufactures patch panels, its a piece of sheet metal shaped like the stock quarter panel and its big enough to cover that whole rusty corner and also all the way over the wheel well, with a little down in the lower corner by the side moulding. if you have a Keystone near you you can order one right from there for around 40/panel, or if you cant find em, sean (noxidea) has a few extras still i think. youll have to get them welded in and the rear quarter panels painted...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

your only other solution would be to replace the actual panel as stated above. good luck! !

Comment

any idea of a website with these patch pannels on em?
        Collin

Comment

Originally posted by sleepyuccord
          any idea of a website with these patch pannels on em?
          try here:

http://www.1aauto.com

i would also recommend maybe checking out a local bodyshop to see what they thought they could do as well..sometimes a little metal and a little welding goes a long way with experienced professionals.
          Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

i tried the site... just muscle car patch pannels (GTO, firebird, Camaro) anyone know of anywhere else?
            Collin

Comment

Take it to a real professional a bodyshop that you know does good work that you can see for yourself. 9times outta ten youll have to have that side completely cut out and redone over. My boy got charged 1,800 and his car is lookin pretty nice

Comment

the ONLY way to do it right the FIRST time is to replace the rear quarterpanel. and fyi depending on how bad the rust is, the wheel well will need to be replaced to. i had both rear quarters done, with custom wheel wells for about 4k. the quarterpanels are about $900 each or u can go to a junkyard and get them hella cheaper.
                My members ride thread

Comment

Ok let me try and be a bit reasonable. Our cars are great and yes we do baby them, but dude 4 grand of work on a car that in great shape is worth 3 maybe 4 grand just doesnt make sense. Sure if you have money to burn than go for it. Personally see what fiberglass can do. cut out the rust, use metal screening to shape, than just fiberglass and bondo over that. Be sure to use sealers and rust converters. Paint it and yeah fine you may not be entered at Hin any time soon, and super street wont be calling to have your car published, but you saved about 3500 bucks that you can use for something else.

Dont hate on me thats just my 2 cents, and like I said if you have the money to get it cut and welded than go for it, it will last a lot longer, but if you want something just so that the car doesnt look like shit than fiberglass and bondo is a better bet. And if you get the car repainted after all te work is done than that will seal it even better so you can put of rerust for at least 2 years.
                  No longer working on the cb. To much time and money has been put into it. Check my for sale thread where the whole car will be parted out.

Comment

my rust isn't that bad on my quarter pannels.... so i guess fiberglass is prolly going to be my best bet... although i do have all the tools necessary to do the good ol cut n weld in of a fender patch and i'd much rather do that... i've done a lot of body work on my previous accord that turned out hella sweet
                    Collin

Comment

Rust sucks.

I beat it.

Comment

4k for a 4200 blue book value works for me.....o and the rust update.....4 yrs ago i had the rust fixed RIGHT and there is still no rust. warrentied for life too hehe so if at any time there is rust i get it fixed for free. i'm not into doing patch jobs by any means. it's just that a "patch" job. the rust is guarenteed to come back. but i can see your point. however i'm happy to death i spent that to get that fixed and have many many many worry free years.

if u have the money def def go for the entire deal. and the only reason why it was so expensive was bc the wheel whells were rusted out as well so they had to be custom made bc the rust was insanely bad.
                        My members ride thread

Comment

that's the problem... i definately dont have 3-4K just layin around... i've got all my performance parts all ready to be thrown on i just want my girl to look the way she's going to purr.
                          Collin

Comment

i was gonna sell my accord for parts cuz the motor drinks a quart a day, the tranny is dead, and the rust was pretty bad, but i got motivated one day by bein on this site and decided to h22 her. so i just started punchin @ my fenders till all the big pieces of rust fell off than i used a strong wire brush and a drill to get rid of all the rust everywhere than sandpaper on a block for days and i went n bought thoes mesh metal pieces u shape n stick it on ur fender and sum bondo @ advanced & bondo'd the shit out of it, took me like 2 weeks to sand it all down really good and bondo it right, it was my first time using bondo and i just took my time and it came out really good, got her painted black and she looks beautiful, ---i suggest everyone lookin to spend under 100 bux to go bondo. -- i also anti-rust spray painted all the bare metal before i bondo'd it so it wouldnt spread under the bondo
                            who needs a manual anyway

JDM is the way to play, all day every day

Comment

Luurvely -.- I just picked up my car and it's a little rusty... I was lucky after a fashion; it had been in an accident such that the front passenger quarter-panel got all smashed up and was thusly replaced, saving me the trouble of removing the rust.

The other quarterpanels, though...
                              93 EXR
                              In the works ^.^

Todo:
                              Blower Unit replacement
                              Climate Control Knob replacement
                              Deck install
                              SRI install
                              New Brake Pads
                              Rotor regrind
                              Wheel polishing
                              New struts (?)