Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Interior swap question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interior swap question

Hey guys, I found 2 Phoenix red Dx's at a local junkyard. I plan on taking most of the interiors from both. Quick question, I have a SE and the leather is tan, is there any way to get it black leather/door panel area other than swapping out the black leather from a 91 SE?

of course OEM is best, so people usually go with 91 SE black leather if they can get it - but it is only available in the 4-door version. You won't find black leather in a coupe.

the phoenix red DXs are the best/only source for black coupe interior pieces, so you might as well grab what you can. But of course, they aren't leather, and the panels don't fit quite right because of the crank window holes.

if you want black leather for a coupe, you'll need to paint, or even better dye, it so it looks black. Most people recommend RIT dye for this.

You've got a PM...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Yeah I figured as much, looking at the bottom of the door card the speakers don't even line up correctly. Might just go 2 tone black & grey from an EX. As far as leather goes, maybe I'll just completely forgo it. Thank you though! Also PMed back.

Comment

The speakers don't line up because of the extra pod around the 5-1/4" speaker on the front door of the EX/SE. That whole speaker can be removed in favor of a 6-1/2" speaker such as the DX/LX comes with. With aftermarket speakers, that's a better choice anyway. Then that portion of the door panel will line up just fine. And you'll have a larger pocket in the bottom of the door to boot.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Since you're looking at a Phoenix Red DX, I assume your SE is a coupe? If not, only a few pieces from the DX will fit anyway. Coupes have different seats (front and back), obviously different door panels, carpets, etc...
          That being said, the black leather stuff from a 91 SE, which is a sedan only, won't fit a coupe properly. There are no manual black seatbelts to be found in USDM cars, which is a bummer (you'll have to go with gray.)

Snag what interior parts you can from the appropriate car. Plastics are the hardest to paint properly, so original black pieces are ideal there. Most OEM leather is in pretty rough condition these days. Especially if it's been in a junkyard (pristine leather USUALLY gets sold off, or is highly valued by those that have it.) If you want leather, the best way to do it is to have your existing seats reupholstered. That can get VERY expensive, however... and requires a bit of skill (so attempting it yourself may be unwise.) Aftermarket leather can be great. Companies like Katzkin actually sell their products to dealers for dealer-installed options. A full set of leather seat covers can be well over $1000 for the covers alone, though. And the installation is labor intensive, meaning you'll likely pay as much or more to have them installed.

Comment

Another option is an "OEM style" seat cover - there are companies that make custom fitted covers that in effect, reupholster the seat. Surprisingly affordable, too. I got a set for my van and was very happy with the result. I figured that if I was keeping stock Accord seats, that I would redo them with black covers from IGGEE: http://www.ebay.com/itm/140486169087?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageNa me=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
            Unfortunately i havent seen the accord-specific ones firsthand, and I assume they can make the coupe-specific version? If anybody goes with these, please post up your results.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I'm definitely curious to see stuff from brands other than Katzkin. That's the only brand I'm familiar with in CB7s, and I've seen some VERY nice covers from them. OEM quality fitment.
              Those IGGEE covers look to slip over the original seat covers, though. They don't seem to be a full reupholstering option... just a higher quality, custom-fit slip-on cover. I could be wrong, but some of those pictures (like the rear headrests) suggest that. Still, I assume that means installation would likely be doable for an amateur enthusiast without much hassle. Proper covers that replace the OEM fabric or leather would be far more labor-intensive. I took apart a seat from my old 3rd gen, and I realized just how much work was involved in putting it back together. I gave up. A Katzkin kit for the CB starts around $800. Professional installation can cost over $1000, depending on the shop. People say it's easy to do, but I would not be comfortable attempting it myself (and risk damaging the leather that is worth half as much as the car it's going into!)

Comment

That being said, I just emailed IGGEE about seat covers for my Miata (I've got headrest speakers, and I wanted to know if they can perforate the covers at the headrest to help keep the sound from being muffled.) While not OEM style covers, they do appear to be quite good in terms of fitment... and the price is very attractive, considering professional installation isn't necessary.

Comment

Thanks guys. Yeah, as far as seats go, I'm still considering upholstery from my friends dad, we'll see how it goes (I honestly hate leather, too hot during the summer and too cold during the winter) very few things will be taken from the accord though, I'm assuming the dash fits however? Mine is cracked and looks a little dry. Looks like an EX interior swap might be a bit less intensive and more worthwhile. My carpet is pretty terrible, paint spots and whatnot. Have any of you used stockinteriors.com? It seems like the reviews are good, and I've been considering a new carpet anyways.

Comment

I took the leather off the driver seat and rear seat back to take to an local upholstery shop where they replaced only the panels that were bad (several on the driver seat, the one on the top of the rear). I then reinstalled then - kind of tedious, but doable.
                    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                      Another option is an "OEM style" seat cover - there are companies that make custom fitted covers that in effect, reupholster the seat. Surprisingly affordable, too. I got a set for my van and was very happy with the result. I figured that if I was keeping stock Accord seats, that I would redo them with black covers from IGGEE: http://www.ebay.com/itm/140486169087...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
                      Unfortunately i havent seen the accord-specific ones firsthand, and I assume they can make the coupe-specific version? If anybody goes with these, please post up your results.
                      I know it's not relevant to this particular discussion, but I just heard back from IGGEE regarding the speaker holes for the headrest speakers in my Miata. They said they'd perforate the headrests for $10 extra. Not bad!

I need to do some searching to see how they look. They obviously won't be as good as actual leather seat covers, but they do look pretty decent. (and since my Miata only has two seats, I'm looking at under $200 )

Comment

There is one other option. I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet. Since it requires a '93 SE Coupe to make it work.

INT : Black Interior Coupe Swap Door Panels

This is what I did to my own '93 SE Coupe, and I love it so much more than the tan that originally came in the car.
                        MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I read that, I'm pretty lazy & don't want to hack up any doors too soon so I may end up just taking the interior from an ex coupe. Pretty much anything is better than my thrashed carpet/seats/doors. Yours is so nice though, way way way better than the inside of mine.

Comment

Working...
                          X