Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Hood rust touch up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hood rust touch up?

I have rust spots from bugs and what not hitting the hood in the rectangle in the picture. What easy fix can i to do get rid of the spots and make it white?

Note: The car in the pic is not my car, it is dark outside and i can post a pic if need be in the morn
    Last edited by RyanD; 04-22-2012, 12:25 AM.
    visit vgruk

touch up paint

Comment

Frost White touch up paint. You can find it at any autoparts store. You may have to ask for it, and show proof of age (assuming you are over 18), as many stores now won't sell paint to minors.

Comment

Take note, without fixing the actual rust. Simply touching it up won't be a permanent fix.

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
        BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
        Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
        CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

I'm pretty excessive, so u don't have to follow what I would do, but u could consider it..

Get ur the proper touchup paint from auto store and a can of Primer.. I think there's rust preventing primer available.. Dunno if it make a difference or not..

.... Before applying the paint.. take a toothpick or small pin and try to scrape off the rust from the chips ..clean it.. Spray the primer on something so u can dab some into the chips with a toothpick(I'm assuming u have larger, rusted chips) let it dry then apply ur touchup.
          -:¦:-
          Originally posted by wed3k
          i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextAZN View Post
            I'm pretty excessive, so u don't have to follow what I would do, but u could consider it..

Get ur the proper touchup paint from auto store and a can of Primer.. I think there's rust preventing primer available.. Dunno if it make a difference or not..

.... Before applying the paint.. take a toothpick or small pin and try to scrape off the rust from the chips ..clean it.. Spray the primer on something so u can dab some into the chips with a toothpick(I'm assuming u have larger, rusted chips) let it dry then apply ur touchup.
            doesn't touch up paint have a built in primer?

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

If the rust is minor enough, the spot is completely dry, and the paint coverage is complete, it should keep the rust from continuing. I've been told this by a body shop when I asked abut a rock chip on my roof. It may not be forever, but that chip never rusted again on my own car. This is more than 4 years ago.

Comment

Get a Duplicolor touch up bottle. It comes with both a brush and a pen applicator.

The pen applicator is best for rock touch ups like you have.

Like Deev said, you need to make sure the affected area is completely dry. Also, if you have any paint around the area that is peeling, rough, or chipping off, remove as much as you can to make it smooth.

Once you do these touch ups, don't expect your hood to look like brand new. You're still going to see the spots and ridges, but atleast they will be filled in with colour. The only true way to fix them is to completely repaint or replace the hood.

When applying the paint, stay within the rock chips. Don't overlap onto your existing paint. I'm working on a truck right now, and some idiot used touch up paint on some rock chips, but he painted over the chip and around it, so it looks like giant paint blotches that stick out like a sore thumb.
                Last edited by crazymikey; 04-22-2012, 10:54 AM.

Comment

thanks very much fellas!

Btw im going to take pics of my car today so i can put them on my profile and sig
                  visit vgruk

Comment

You are not yet able to have a sig, and there are no photo options for your profile.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      You are not yet able to have a sig, and there are no photo options for your profile.
                      ho do i get a sig? I just emailed you be for reading this did i mess something up when i did my profile or do you need to approve me

visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextAZN View Post

I am partial to this answer but I have access to a small spray gun and factory paint at cost. So I would personally sanded and respray the whole area because of the tools and supplies I have access to.

Comment

from my Aviation Mechanic experiences i think a little Zinc Chromate primer should do the trick
                          visit vgruk

Comment

The problem for me with the little touch up bottle is I cannot find it any where. It's Seattle silver. I was lucky enough to find the spray can at Autozone but how do I apply the paint for tiny dots with the spray can? Spray the little brush wet and and touch them? What kind of brush should I use?
                            Thanks.

Comment

I am a bit of a nit picker when it comes to cars, so i would first start by sanding where the rust is at and get it to bare metal. Put rust stopping primer over it, and then paint it with color matched paint. Or, if you would like to be positive it doesnt rust, you can bondo it as well. But then, that brings the worries of cracking bondo So it all depends on how you want it done and how much time and money you are willing to put into it.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

Working...
                              X